MCP Battery Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nadasive, May 4, 2008.

1. Nadasive macrumors 6502

I was just wondering, how long is the MacBookPro Battery last?
    on my MCP it lasts barely for an hour, its a new battery i got a month ago
    With brightness on max it lasts for an hour, but if the brightness is on its lowest it lasts for 2 hours, is this normal?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

MCP? Do you mean MBP?

Refering to battery: Which one do you have? The computer at full power "Better Performance" mode lasts about 1-2 hrs; in "Better Battery Life" possible 3-5 hours.

3. Sweener88 macrumors 6502

Sweener88

Battery life rely's heavily on what your doing. im a student and i can take my macbook pro to class for up to 4 hours just running Word 2008 (screen dimmed, no airport, no bluetooth, basically ONLY word running) but if i run itunes, some games like quinn/xmoto, turn on airport to talk to other mac users in class using bonjour and maybe dictionary/ical i can get maybe only 1-2 hours. depending on what your doing can have a huge impact on ur battery life and you may also want to Calibrate your battery : http://www.mactricksandtips.com/2008/03/calibrating-your-macbook-battery.html

Hope that helps :cool::apple:

4. forafireescape macrumors 6502a

forafireescape

It also depends how many programs you're running and what you're doing. I know that when I'm listening to iTunes my battery life decreases significantly.