MD212LL/A for $1099 or ME865LL/A for $1399

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by UbuntuFu, Oct 30, 2013.

1. UbuntuFu macrumors regular

Which one would you choose?

I can get the previous generation 13" Macbook Retina for 300 less at my University Bookstore. It has 8GB of RAM which I really want. The new comparable model costs $1399.

300 is a pretty substantial discount. New model is thinner and lighter, more storage and faster storage. battery life is moot as I'm usually near an ac outlet.

2. dmk1974 macrumors 68000

dmk1974

Personally, I think it depends on if you need 128 GB storage or 256 GB. Since both models have 8 GB RAM, I'd save the $300 for something else. You already indicated that you don't need the extra hour or so of battery life.

Also, if you are ok with an Apple Refurb, the MD212LL/A is $1059 direct from Apple. I've gone that route and they look just like new...the only difference is you don't get the fancy retail box.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/F...z-dual-core-intel-core-i5-with-retina-display

3. UbuntuFu thread starter macrumors regular

Think I'll go with the latest model, mainly cause it's a bit more future proof with the better integrated video.

Seems like there seems to be freezing/trackpad issues right now so I'll wait til that's sorted out.

If my bookstore lowers that previous gen to 999 I would definitely get it.