Mdd Cpu

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by railstop, Sep 26, 2007.

1. railstop macrumors newbie

does anyone know about the 1.25 dual cpu for the MDD? Mine is finickey, works once in a while, panics every other day. i have looked around for a new one, mine doesn't look like the ones pictured on ebay or parts sites. i know it is genuine 1.25, not overclocked.

is there a problem with these that can be fixed? it seems this speed had issues, theres alot of them doing the same as mine floating around. it seems that someone might have figured the fix out. thanks!!:)

by the way, an auction on ebay just ended for a bad cpu (same issues) that was being bid on till the last minute. do they know something?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

When I had my dual 1.4 I used to get kernal panics particularly with certain USB peripherals; that was running Panther and early Tiger, and running certain apps.

Perhaps it's worth investigating other avenues by checking logs and setups carefully before going to the big hassle of replacing processors or motherboards.

3. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I have a dual 1.42 Chip at home lying around in a box. I'd be willing to sell it on!

4. railstop thread starter macrumors newbie

fortunately i have tried everything. i have used a known good processor and it works just fine. then mine in another, and it still did not work. i have disconnected everything down to the PCI cards and just one good memory chip then in different slots. i love this machine, just got to get it working...errrrr :rolleyes:

5. TBi macrumors 68030

TBi

I remember my friend fixing an apple CPU by replacing some of the SMD components on it. Very hard to do unless you are very skilled (which he is).

6. railstop thread starter macrumors newbie

that's actually what i was looking for, to see if someone has figured out what the issue is.