mdnsresponder and configd??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by decubs, Feb 1, 2011.

1. decubs macrumors newbie

Hi all,

I've got a MacBook Pro a little over a year old with the most recent OS X running - Last night, I turned on my computer and found my date/time reset, my WiFi wasn't connecting, and I got two pop-ups asking me if I wanted to allow mdnsresponder and configd incoming connections. I did allow them both, re-entered my WiFi password, and everything started to function.

Except that on a reboot, I needed to re-enter my WiFi password again, and on another reboot, the same.

Does anyone know why this happened, and is happening? And should I be concerned?

Thanks all!

2. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

Your firewall preferences are most likely corrupted. Try the following:

1) Delete all the items in the firewall list in the Security pane in System Preferences.

2) Turn off the firewall.

3) Delete the Application Firewall Preferences (located in Library/Preferences/com.apple.alf.plist).

4) Restart the computer, turn on the firewall, and reconfigure the settings.

3. decubs thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the help! I'll try this when I get home. But, do you know why this happened? I'm not used to error messages on my
    Mac. Is this a virus or malware problem? Or just one of those things that happens?

4. munkery macrumors 68020

munkery

I find it happens if I delete an app that is on the firewall list without removing it from the firewall list prior to uninstalling the app. It is also more likely to occur when you first set up the firewall or add any new items to the firewall list.