MDP to HDMI Cable (that does audio)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Shadylane315, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Shadylane315 macrumors regular

Can anyone recommend a Cable that DEF transfers audio over to the tv? Also here is my macbook pro model. Does it do Audio? Build 10FS69. Someone said there is a belkin one, is that right? Also, I just bought one from Monoprice and that f'in cable doesn't work!!! ARGH

2. Lokrado macrumors regular

3. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

4. chuckflip53 macrumors regular

5. Shadylane315 thread starter macrumors regular

Thats the cheapest option? Where can I find my model number?

6. Shadylane315 thread starter macrumors regular

7. chuckflip53 macrumors regular

when did you buy your macbook pro/which size is it?

8. M-B-P macrumors regular

Thank you so much! Just what i needed, as i'm on a tight budget (college sutdent :D) I didn't want to dish out $50+ from the apple store for the setup.

A couple of questions:

1. Do all HDMI cables transfer Audio?
    2. 6ft cable is a little small for my need, could anyone help me find longer cable (between 10-25 ft.) at a relatively decent price. I tired myself, but no luck :(
    3. General question about amazon, when you purchase something from the Amazon.com website and the product is from some other seller (as in the links that chuckflip53 posted), does our credit card info reach the seller or does amazon take care of the transaction and the seller never deals with the credit card info themselves?- always been paranoid over purchasing products from internet sellers.

Thanks in advance!

9. M-B-P macrumors regular

Anyone.......

10. chuckflip53 macrumors regular

1-yes, HDMI cables are all built to function the same way (unless you find a faulty one)
    2-if you can't find one on amazon then I don't know where you'll be able to find a cheaper one :p
    3-I'm not sure about this, sorry

11. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a

12. DanMacApple macrumors 6502

I believe amazon does not show any of your financial info and just credits the sellers accounts. I have purchased several items over the last couple years with no problems.:)

13. kryptonianjorel macrumors 6502

I've never had a problem with monoprice cables, I find them to be of exceptional quality

What revision of MBP do you have? The most recent generation supports audio over MDP, whereas the previous generation DID NOT.

14. brianfast macrumors regular

They might be good quality, but they do not support audio through HDMI... obviously this only matters if you have the latest model...

15. M-B-P macrumors regular

Thanks for the input :), I ordered the adapter from and HDMI cable form Amazon and we shall see if it works. And I do have the most recent MBP, the one that was released during the Spring of 2010.

16. hypermog macrumors regular

Here's a 20 foot cable for $15.76

17. M-B-P macrumors regular