@me Address not Showing Up in El Capitan

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zachlegomaniac, Oct 3, 2015.

1. zachlegomaniac macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

For some reason my @Mac address is showing up in Mail now that I have upgraded to El Capitan, but my @me address is not. The @me address is my primary as I was "forced" to begin using the @me address somewhere along the line.

I have tried adding the @me account to mail, but nothing happens. I'm running OS X 10.11 and Mail 9.0.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Mine is there in the dropdown for outgoing messages. Does yours not display there?

Screen_Shot_2015-10-03_at_10_19_37_AM.png

3. zachlegomaniac thread starter macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

Thanks for the reply! It's not in the dropdown, nor is it in the sidebar under "Inbox."

Then, when I go to preferences and try to add an account I click on the iCloud option, it prompts me for my username and password, I enter my @me account and PW, and it gives me a notification that I am already signed in with the account. It's strange. For the longest time I was trying to add my @Mac account, and could not, so the @me became my default that everyone sends email to me at. I just can't find a way to view my @me inbox (or send from my @me as well).

When I navigate to iCloud.com, and enter my credentials there, I can view my entire @me inbox, however.

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Have you tried just removing the entire iCloud account from the iCloud pref pane, then adding it back maybe?

5. zachlegomaniac thread starter macrumors 6502a

zachlegomaniac

I'll give that a shot. Thanks.