.me and .mac question

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by mr miyagi, Sep 5, 2009.

1. mr miyagi macrumors member

Hi all

I have always used my .mac email address. When it turned to mobileme. I never used the .me email address. However I now want to have my mail set up so whenever email is sent, its sent showing from .me as well as on my iphone.

My question is, how can i change this to make this happen on my mac and my iphone? Also if people were to reply to my .mac email address I take it them emails will still come through to my .me email address?

Thanks in advance

2. j_maddison macrumors 6502a

j_maddison

Go to mail preferences and change the outgoing mail server to @me.com

Also when you create a new e mail, look at the 'from' section (under the subject box and above where you type the main body of your text). Make sure the 'from' section is set to the @me.com address

Not sure about the iphone, I would suggest re creating the account and putting in your details as @me.com

Basically any mail that is sent to either domain name will find it's way too you regardless of whether it has @me or @mac at the end

I'm sure there are better answers, but hopefully that will help for now

Jay

3. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

Go to www.me.com/mail, click on the gear icon and select Preferences. Then click on Composing and under Identity, you'll be able to choose which email address to use when sending new mail. The changes will be reflected on your desktop Mail.app as well as your iPhone. :)

4. j_maddison macrumors 6502a

j_maddison