Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHacker

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 13, 2005
I just found a pic of me sitting on my dads lap with our first macentosh. I am now 12. When I grow up and run Apple i can put this in my autobiography! ;) :rolleyes:

Attachments

• meanddadwithfirstmac.jpg
    meanddadwithfirstmac.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 248

cardiac dave

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
iToronto
iHacker said:
I just found a pic of me sitting on my dads lap with our first macentosh. I am now 12. When I grow up and run Apple i can put this in my autobiography! ;) :rolleyes:

And now Dad must be so proud that his son is growing up to be an iHacker...

Thank god that pic wasn't in front of a 286 - you could have ended up a regular hacker...

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
Here you are in a slightly less unusual orientation.

Attachments

• meanddadwithfirstmac.jpg
    meanddadwithfirstmac.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 538

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Nice picture ;)

I have to say, we had a very similar desk as you had in that picture. Even had a dot matrix (it's a dot matrix, right?) on the side and the doors on the right look similar :)

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
The chunky mouse is pretty funny looking, isn't it?

It looks like a second floppy drive (an external one to the left of the Mac), and the obligatory box of floppies on the right.

And, what's that - a printed dictionary!? I guess a decade ago we weren't all using the Mac OS X 10.4 dictionary widget for all our lookup needs!

Finally, I think your socks look a little big on you, but I suspect you grew into them. :)

jamesW135

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2005
iHacker said:

Macentosh I hope you didn't mean to spell Macintosh that way. :confused:

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
You were very cute as a child iHacker. ;) Very fortunate to have grown up in a Mac family. Is your father in the computer business? Wish you luck in the future.

Thank you Doctor Q as usual for the proper orientation of the picture. ;)

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Now, everyone together!!: 1.. 2.. 3..
"awwwww!!!"

I should get out the ol' ][e, and take pics with it.

And then write my totally sweet Apple Autobiography!

OK, my Apple life isn't even a year old yet.. Hmmm.. I'll have to put more thought into this.

Great pic, dude. :D :D

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Lacero said:
I bet you're using a PC right now.

Oh God, lets hope not. iHacker please tell us that you have not departed from your fathers teachings.

EDIT* whoops, missed that last post (page must have still been loading-cursed dial-up). Glad to see that you are still using a Mac - three cheers for iHacker!

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
All Mac-using parents should take photos of their kids with their current Macs, so future MacRumors members can post baby photos with that quaint old iMac G5 their parents used to use. We'll laugh at the anachronistic blank DVD spindles, the primitive iSight cameras (their movies were only 2D and they didn't even transmit moods and fragrances!), the computer sound systems with only 2 speakers connected, and the way we used to use only one or two monitors per person.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Doctor Q said:
All Mac-using parents should take photos of their kids with their current Macs, so future MacRumors members can post baby photos with that quaint old iMac G5 their parents used to use. We'll laugh at the anachronistic blank DVD spindles, the primitive iSight cameras (their movies were only 2D and they didn't even transmit moods and fragrances!), the computer sound systems with only 2 speakers connected, and the way we used to use only one or two monitors per person.

Sound advice Doctor Q - MacRumors members whip out your cameras & start snapping photos.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Talk about chunky, that mouse is huuuge!! Love the phonecord-like cable connecting the keyboard to the computer. Man, and we whinge about not having enough room on a 12" monitor, what was that one? Like a 7"?

Love to see a photo of an original Mac next to a current G5 with 2 30" screens.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Chundles said:
Love to see a photo of an original Mac next to a current G5 with 2 30" screens.

MacAddict Magazine put a photo like that on one of their covers shortly after the original PowerMac G5s came out.

Devie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Hmm... my uncle had about 5 of those Mac's... finally, I know what they are! Mac's! :D
He had one for his wife and four kids each, and he had some white desktop... I have no idea what that could be, but I'm pretty dam sure it would be a Mac...

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Devie said:
Hmm... my uncle had about 5 of those Mac's... finally, I know what they are! Mac's! :D
He had one for his wife and four kids each, and he had some white desktop... I have no idea what that could be, but I'm pretty dam sure it would be a Mac...

Sounds like a good guy - providing all those Macs for his family.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
dmw007 said:
Thanks for fixing that Doctor Q - My neck was starting to hurt trying to look at the picture sideways.

It's easier to just turn your laptop sideways. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.