me.com email address

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theonekcrow, Oct 6, 2011.

1. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I am wondering about how some people will decide on the naming of their me.com email address. I am running iOS5 GM and I am wanting to set up my iCloud email address, but I have several ideas. Being that as it may, would you name it creatively or just use your name or initials (i.e sjobs @ me.com or steve.jobs @ me.com)?

2. mikethebigo macrumors 68000

As sad as it is to say, I wouldn't want to use an @me.com address, especially professionally. So if it's just for personal use, I guess set up whatever you want!

I set one up with iCloud, but I'm sticking with my gmail account.

3. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

firstname_secondname@me.com

4. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

lets start off with that their going to be @icloud.com
    you can't get @me.com any more, just like you couldn't get @mac.com when MobileMe was released

5. Petoz macrumors 6502

Petoz

How would you name a gmail account? How would you name a hotmail account? Stick to the same principles and you can't go wrong?!

6. flipshot macrumors 6502a

Completely wrong, you still get @me.com with iCloud. You can't get @iCloud.com, they realised they can't just keep changing the email domain every couple of years if they want to be serious about it.

7. Tom8 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Incorrect. I've never used MobileMe before & the free account I got is an @me account. Look on Apple's website, it clearly states in the promo material "free @me.com account"

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

Any idea then why it had me create an @me.com email account when I set up the iOS5 GM Tuesday afternoon?

9. Virance macrumors regular

Easy, he was wrong. They are sticking with @me.com for the domain for the e-mails.

Personally, I use firstnamelastname@domain.com for all my major e-mails.

10. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

I am neither challenging nor doubting you, just looking to confirm that it's a fact that @icloud.com is what's next.

I have @me.com but don't use it because I feel it's too self serving & narcissistic. I was hoping they'd go to @icloud.com but this is the first I've heard of it. When will we be able to select an iCloud address?

Thanks.

11. theonekcrow thread starter macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I've used the same naming structure for both a yahoo and a hotmail email address, and I think it has ran its course for me. With the me.com address I am wanting to use something fresh.

12. deeddawg macrumors 604

Yeah, I was being kind... :)

13. EddyP macrumors 6502

Have they sorted out what they are going to do with merging accounts? Is it going to be possible?

My iTunes ID is a comcast.net email address. After I started that, I got a me.com address. Evidently Apple made me an iTunes account with my me.com address. They are telling me I can't merge iTunes accounts. Even though I have never purchased anything with the me.com account.

I'm assuming I can just sit tight until the iOS5 is rolled out and I should be able to move it to me.com... right?

14. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

Ugh...

I'd heard it would continue as @me.com, but you can't blame a guy from wishing they'd dump it in favor of almost anything except @me !

@mac.com was excellent, too bad the ever egotistical Jobs changed it to fit his ultra self centered, insatiable need to demonstrate his super arrogance to the world. It doesn't get any more repulsive than @me.com.

Ewewww...

Excuse me while I PUKE

15. mpossoff macrumors 68020

How did you set one up when it's not available?

16. deeddawg macrumors 604

iOS5 GM seed

17. flipshot macrumors 6502a

Developers have been able to setup and use iCloud accounts since WWDC.