Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
If You Are Doing It

How do I make one?

For the first time, it asks you to choose an email address....Apart from that it';s automatic. If you turn on mail and notes on your iMac, or mac, it automatically works with apple mail I have had no luck in getting it to work in Thunderbird or Outlook though..Teething troubles.

Works fine on my iPad and iPhone though.

I Love Mac

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Orlando, Florida
For the first time, it asks you to choose an email address....Apart from that it';s automatic. If you turn on mail and notes on your iMac, or mac, it automatically works with apple mail I have had no luck in getting it to work in Thunderbird or Outlook though..Teething troubles.

Works fine on my iPad and iPhone though.

Oh I made it my @aol account though....

I Love Mac

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
Orlando, Florida
@me.com email on mac mail?

I tried to do it but it says "Logging in to the MobileMe IMAP server “mail.me.com” failed. Make sure the user name and password you entered are correct, then click Continue. If the information isn’t correct, you cannot receive messages." help please

mreddys10

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2008
Apple clearly mentioned when making the new @me.com account that it cannot be changed. Even I want to change mine now, but it's not possible I guess

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.