@me email account now?

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by stark4, Jul 4, 2011.

1. stark4 macrumors 6502

Can someone tell me how can i create a @me email account with my name before it's taken? I don't want to wait until fall for icloud so is there anyway that i can create @me email account now?

Thanks

2. twitch88 macrumors newbie

twitch88

@me accts. are a paid service for now. If you have a friend that works for apple, they might be able to help. They get 5 free ones a year. That's how I got mine.

3. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

If you join the developer program for either Mac or iOS you can set up a new iCloud account. (http://developer.apple.com/)

4. GreyMatta macrumors regular

you could get the icloud beta from a dodgy torrent site then create your email account from in there

5. Ratatapa macrumors 6502a

6. thunderbunny macrumors 6502a

thunderbunny

Assuming the accounts set up now will continue. Nothing to suggest they won't, but the beta iCloud is just for dev testing at the mo so who knows?

7. cozmot Guest

@me vs. @mac email addresses

I am forever confused about the difference between these two. Apple told me that user@me.com and user@mac.com were interchangeable, but I've encountered situations where they are not. Are either of them going away and they'll be merged if your username is the same? I think this confusion contributes to Jobs' comment that MobileMe was not Apple's "finest moment."

8. phalseHUD macrumors regular

phalseHUD

Hi guys, hope you don't mind me asking but...

• For those of you with a dev account, did anyone create an entirely new e-mail account with iCloud?
    • If so, what is the domain that is appended to the end of your username? Is it still @me.com?
    • When iCloud goes live, will we be able to create e-mail aliases?

Thanks!

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why is it not interchangeable. I uses user@mac.com 100% of the time and have not run into any issues

10. skoker macrumors 68000

skoker

I'm the same way. My @mac.com and @me.com addresses work interchangeably fine, the only difference being that any new alias set up after the .mac to MobileMe transition only works with @me.com. Could this be your problem?