Me just get MacBook Pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mantasis, Dec 27, 2007.

1. Mantasis macrumors member

I just have a few questions...

1. What's up with this keyboard/trackpad constantly freezing? It gets very annoying....

2. Is there any way of disabling sleep when you close the laptop? I try to download files that are quite large and it going to sleep takes out my internet connection....also what's up with the internet connection dropping?

3. I'm pretty new to mac, any recommendations? I know that's vague, but what should be on my priority list to try on the mac...I'm quite puzzled by this os, because it seems to have so much potential.

I have so many more questions that i couldn't quite find on boards...It's late so I'll post later...thanks for any replies.

2. karenflower macrumors 6502a

karenflower

Hey, congrats on your MBP. :)

The freezing is a known issue and you can download a patch to fix it - go to 'Software Update' in the apple menu and it should be available.

As for disabling sleep, you can download InsomniaX from here: http://semaja2.net/insomniaxinfo/

Not sure what's happening with your internet connection, hopefully some other people will be able to help you with that!

3. Mantasis thread starter macrumors member

wow insomnia works great, thanks for the help.

I just got 2 more random questions....

Is there a way to stop lint from sticking to my screen, I noticed there's quite a bit of static produced by it.....

Also, I find a lot of the time I have to click on the window I want to type in, even though it's the only one open or the one above every other window....what's up with that?