.me or .mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Bulldog VII, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Bulldog VII macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

Hi all

I have a quick question, I have now paid for my .me account for the year, does this mean that my .mac email address should work again?

The only trouble is I can't remember where you access the .mac from, anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

2. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

Go to me.com it's all the same. If you get email sent to .mac it comes through to .me and vice versa. In my opinion its best to use .me now. Some features of iWeb for example (comments etc) only work when .me is used. Eventually .mac will get dropped so its probbly best to switch everything over so its all done.

3. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

I have an OLD .mac account from a couple of years back. It's still my apple ID, and is updated with my current details. Yet, whenever I try to log in to renew my account / make into a shiney new .me one by giving apple some money, it wont let me log in. any clues on how i can get it to work for me? i.e. to log into the old account, and make a payment to reactivate it as a .me?

4. scienide09 macrumors 65816

scienide09

Call customer service. (Is there a separate number for .mac/.me support?) I can't believe that Apple wouldn't make this possible, so there must be some way to reactivate.

5. Bulldog VII thread starter macrumors 6502

Bulldog VII

my email address for both are the same (with either .me or .mac) but the .mac ones comes back as undelivered I'm now confused?!