@me to @iCloud?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by CosmoPilot, Sep 19, 2012.

1. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted

I thought @me was migrating to @iCloud with iOS6? I haven't seen any traffic on this issue yet. Anyone have an idea?

2. shurcooL macrumors 6502a

3. Jest3r macrumors regular

If you had an "@me.com" account, you also now have an "@icloud.com" account. Visit iCloud.com or any other Apple ID login and try your previous username and password but use iCloud.com instead of me.com.

4. shurcooL, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

shurcooL macrumors 6502a

This doesn't work for me. I can log in with my @me.com account, but not when I change it to @icloud.com. Sending an email to the @icloud.com results in a send failure.

Additionally, I can't even create any new Mail aliases (that are supposed to be @icloud.com). It just gives an error each time:

[​IMG]

5. Appleseeds macrumors regular

Thats a negative for me.

6. tennisproha macrumors 6502a

I'd like to know too. I've been using my @gmail for iTunes and iCloud. I had to create an @me when I set up iCloud on my 4S so I'm going to phase out my @gmail in iCloud to my @me and just use my @gmail for iTunes.

Idk it this will be a possibility though. Those of you who had an @mac ID, were you able to update to @me when mobileMe rolled out?

7. Jest3r, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

Jest3r macrumors regular

I apologize for the incorrect information. I am a developer and somewhere along the line, my me.com and iCloud.com accounts were tied in together. Evidently, that is not true for everyone.

8. JoeyCloverfield macrumors regular

Try going to Settings > iCloud > Account > Mail. In iOS 6, you should have an "@iCloud.com" email address. (ex: "hello@me.com" -> "hello@icloud.com")

I don't know if that will work but that's where I first noticed the "@iCloud.com" address.

9. Jest3r macrumors regular

The following is a quote from Apple during the beta program of iOS 6, specifically iOS 6 Beta 3. Have you all logged into an iOS 6 device using your previous me.com account? If nothing has changed, that should create a corresponding icloud.com account.

10. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

When I spoke to Apple technical support last week I was informed that @me would remain for anyone who already had it and that the new @iCloud would start later. Also, that you don't have to change from @me to @icloud.

11. shurcooL macrumors 6502a

I think Apple just hasn't flipped the switch on this yet...

12. CosmoPilot thread starter macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

I wonder if we can switch if we want to. I've had an @me since day 1.