Me wants the iPhone 7, but

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Phonefanman, Jul 29, 2016.

1. Phonefanman Suspended

Sure me wants the iPhone 7, hell I'm a big Apple fan. So much I should be on staff over there at Apple. I decided to stick with my iPhone 6 for a good long while.

It's going to be a little tough knowing iPhone 7 is out and I have only the iPhone 6 in my pocket. I still owe $200 on my iPhone 6 and it only makes sense the most financial viable solution is to keep the iPhone 6.

Do you guys think the iPhone 7 will be the phone where I don't know what I'm even missing and must have it? Besides better camera, waterproof, better screen, way faster performance , what will it do my 6 won't do?

What do I do when you guys brag about your 7 and I'm still on 6? I know one thing I'm not going to keep updating my 6 until it's unusable. I got iOS 9.3.3 and me thinks I might just stay there.

Me know one thing I will have the cheapest smallest screen (4.7 inch ) smallest memory version of the iPhone 7 when I do get one. I'm looking at 8 more months at least until I get myself into a 7. Some will say wait for the 2017 release version of iPhone. Me might just do that.

When a device gets older it can crap out at anytime I hope my 6 keeps going and going.

Who else feels the same on keeping there current iPhone and not jump on the 7 band wagon right away... Who has the will power? Cause me thinks some of you don't and won't when 7 is here, hell I might even have my arm twisted up.

2. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

I have a 6. It does everything I need it to and performs just as well as the day I bought it. Battery is still great too. I'm due for an upgrade, but unless there's more to the iPhone 7 than current rumours suggest, I will likely save my upgrade for 2017... Or maybe even try an Android phone.

3. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Well for me I am going to buy the new phone - the big one. I'm looking forward to IOS 10 and the many new features it brings. I just bought my 6S+ two or three months ago from the Apple Store. It will be donated to a local women's shelter for battered/abused women like I always do with my used phones. I like my 6S+ and enjoy using it. So for me the changes/features add up to a winner.

4. wolfaaron macrumors regular

This question varies. If you ask a conservative consumer they'll suggest keeping it until it breaks. If you have a liberal consumer they'll suggest that you get on Apples or Tmobiles upgrade programs so that you always own the latest iPhone as soon as they come out.

But it's up to you and your finances.

5. joeblow7777 macrumors 603

That's very generous of you, but I feel that I should point out that your 6S+ will run iOS 10 and probably all of its features.

6. Phonefanman thread starter Suspended

Yeah but he wants 7... Prob a true fan of Apple.

7. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

Just wait till next year for the next iphone. If you 6 breaks in the mean time then you can get the 7 this year.

8. Phonefanman thread starter Suspended

This is true

9. Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

I have iPhone 6s plus and iPhone se for now both doing their job fairly well so for the new iPhone 7 (most like the modified iPhone 6)will only get if they launch it in deep blue color otherwise strongly no

10. zalchi macrumors member

zalchi

re
    remember: iPhone 7 Plus has 3x bigger memory than iPhone 6 Plus

11. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Everyone has to make their own choice. Much depends on disposable income and you personal wants and needs. This is something YOU have to decide.

12. SoN1NjA macrumors 68000

SoN1NjA

Once you own an iPhone 7 (especially Jet Black) you'll see what you've been missing out on
    Tons of things

13. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

For me it made financial sense to sell my two year old iPhone 6 and get the 7. I got €450 for it so the 7 only cost me €439.

If I were to keep the 6 another year I'd be lucky to get €200 for it. Now when the next phone comes out I can sell the 7 for €600-€650 and get the next one for even less.

14. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

15. Retops macrumors regular

I was in the same boat as you. My 6+ was doing everything I asked of it although the battery was starting to fall off when it reached about 25%. I thought I should just keep using it, but then I visited a store and saw a 7+ with 256GB SIM free and decided to get it. Factors for me: more storage. I keep lots of files, books, spreadsheets, over 3,000 songs, etc on the phone and I would love to have all the room to play with, especially since my phone is my primary computer these days. I go overseas frequently and the unlocked condition means I can grab a local SIM card and have a working phone. Finally, speed...the phone is really fast and a pleasure to use.

I will keep my 6+ as my personal phone, use the 7+ as my business and travel phone, replacing my Samsung that I have never really grown to love. Could have lived with out the 7, but I know I will enjoy using it.

16. LoveToMacRumors macrumors 68020

LoveToMacRumors

Me think you should wait for iPhone 8.

17. Mike5254 macrumors regular

Mike5254

I skipped 6 from 5. I now have the 7+. Its a BIG change for me. You'll wait for 2017? I'll wait for 2018.

18. pika2000 macrumors 68040

If I were in the US, I would just opt in for the iPhone upgrade program and never have to think about this anymore. Simply get the latest iPhone every year.

It depends on personal preference, but if you know what you want on your phone, it helps a lot in your buying decision.
    My first iPhone was the 3GS, simply because all previous iPhones don't have auto-focus nor video capability (and the fact that Apple didn't put a camera on the iPod Touch for that time).
    My next phone was the 4. I upgraded right away after a year, mainly for its better camera (720p recording) and front facing camera. I skipped the 4S since after the 4, I want a phone with at least 1GB of RAM. Thus my next is the 5. I skipped the 5S and 6, since I expect my next phone to have 2GB of RAM. Thus now I'm on the 6S.
    For my next iPhone, the 7plus fills all the check marks (more RAM, more battery, fancy new camera, OIS), except for the size. So I think I'll stay with my 6S for a while.

19. darrylcn macrumors regular

T'is true, says I. Yarrrrr. Also get the Plus! The 4.7" be for ye first mate at best!