Meaning of Colored Circle Under Screen Name

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Shrink, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Shrink macrumors G3

Shrink

On the left side of posts, at the bottom under screen name and other info, are two symbols; the Post Report triangle, and a colored circle.

The circles are different colors - some are blue, some green (and possibly others I haven't noticed.)

I've looked everywhere I can think of to ascertain the meaning of the different colors. I'm sure it's somewhere - but I can't find the info.

What do the different colors mean? :confused:

2. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

• Green = Online
    • Red = Online however you have set your profile to be "Use Invisible Mode"
      Invisible mode allows you to browse the forums without appearing in the 'Currently Active Users' lists​
    • No light = No signed in (or possibly that member might be in invisible mode).

I'm not aware of the blue colour but should you see it again hover over it and the tooltip will say what it means.

4. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

I think if you didn't know that "no light" was no light you may describe it a blue/grey. I think the OP probably means green/off but doesn't know that's what he means.

5. Shrink thread starter macrumors G3

Shrink

Once again, thanks to you all for taking the time to respond.

Especially to xUKHCx - the suggestion to hover the cursor answers all of my questions. If my aged brain (which is slowly turning to porridge:confused:) allows it, remembering to hover the cursor will give me information in a number of settings.