Mechanical Watch - Repair places?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Consultant, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Anyone know where is a good place to get a wrist watch repaired? More specifically a Rolex.

Got it from my dad and dropped it years ago, cracked the glass, just remember I had it. Yes I know it's going to cost more than $500 for that...

2. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Any Rolex dealer would be able to arrange repair for you, but as you said it will cost a lot of money. But for a quality watch it is worth it.

3. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

You can also try independent Jewelers, some of the older ones still repair watches.

4. 4JNA macrumors 68000

4JNA

agree with the dealer repair, as this would help retain the value as well as fix the problem. my dad had a similar repair done on my grandfathers a few years back, and came out looking good as new.

off topic a bit, i couldn't help but think of Alice in Wonderland and the mad watch bit when i saw the tread title...:eek:

5. Consultant thread starter macrumors G5

Consultant

Thanks guys. Will get a quote from a dealer. I think they send it all back to rolex anyway.

I hope they don't do what the mad hatter did. Well, if it's insured it's another story...

6. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

Yep, I'd recommend sending it out to Rolex. Not only will they fix the glass, you can get the band, face and internals cleaned as well, and get it running like new. I had an old Hamilton pocket watch passed down from Grandpa, and it's definitely worth the money to keep these old watches running.