Medal of Honor: Airborne

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by Piarco, Sep 4, 2007.

1. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Downloaded the demo on Marketplace on Sunday, and had a good old play with it last night, and I've got to say I'm impressed. Great visuals and physics, the ability to land anywhere is awesome (although I'm yet to have a non-botched landing) and the sound effects are brilliant.

I'm sure the gameplay will be nothing out of the ordinary in the main game, but the "go-anywhere" aspect to this one should be more refreshing. I've already like the fact that you can circle in from behind, head up stairs and take out a enemy blockage from a height. Nice to see that they haven't gone down that irritating "manual" bomb activation like in CoD3.

The bonus aspects to the game are good as well... pull off some great shots and get an upgrade to your weapon - front pistol grip and compensator for the Thompson, and a longer more accurate grenade barrel for the Garand... although I'm hoping you can use it with rifle grenades...

The only downside for me is that the controls don't feel as natural as the CoD setup, although I'll try to explore the other settings at some point. I was forever accidentally throwing more grenades while trying to switch back to a firearm.

All in all this looks great - and with CoD4 being modern combat, its a welcome addition to a genre of FPS I love.

Any one else had a chance to play it yet?

2. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

I really wished I felt the same as you but I didn't enjoy the demo. I think I'll give it another shot but it did not keep my attention long enough for me to finish the demo....thats saying something.

I'll try it again though.

Bless

3. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

My thoughts exactly. It's no CoD. ;)

4. Piarco thread starter macrumors 68030

Piarco

Admittedly I ended my first go after the first time I got killed - but then it was about 1am and I was knackered :)

Definitely give it another go. I'm finding its a definitely grower. And far better than the other recent WWII FPS whose name escapes me...

Another plus - loadout selection. Nice to have it in the single player rather than just the mulitplayer domain.

5. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Hour of Victory? Yeah, that we're gash.

6. Piarco thread starter macrumors 68030

Piarco

That's the puppy. Bloody awful.

7. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

It was, it was.

WWII FPS are my fav genre if I'm being honest, so I play just about all of them and the thing with MoH is that its not bad... It's just not as good as CoD. So I wont buy it, because all that will happen is i'll play it [MoH] for a while and think 'Hmmm, I could be playing on CoD' and stick that on instead...

8. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz