Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Erendiox

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
Brooklyn NY
Hey all,

Im a college student enrolled in a communications program, and im definitely willing to sink a good amount of money into a great laptop. Thing is, this program involves alot of editing and working with lots of video/audio, which is something my laptop needs to be able to handle. It would be completely awesome if I could get a laptop that could take in audio and video from sources such as TV, radio, VHS, using composite or RF outputs. Likewise, a laptop that can output stereo audio, or, even better, digial audio, would be awesome as well. Is the powerbook the laptop im looking for?

LeeTom

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
You would not be disappointed in a Powerbook.
There are many firewire devices out there that offer video input, from consumer to pro level, and the Powerbook supports a vast majority of them. The audio and video programs are best-of-class, and much of the industry is using Final Cut Pro and DVD Studio Pro, available only on Macintosh. Plus, you'll be able to run Peak, ProTools, etc etc.

You would be hard pressed to find a laptop of any brand that offers Firewire A and B, USB2, DVD burner, Bluetooth, Airport, Gigabit Ethernet, a PCMCIA slot, and an exceptional quality display and keyboard.

I switched to Mac about a year ago after having a very nice IBM Thinkpad T30. I'm no Windows-hater, but my only regret is not doing it sooner!

Lee Tom

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.