media content from thunderbolt android wont sync to ipad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by snoozing, Mar 29, 2012.

1. snoozing macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm new to the apple world & am not tech savvy at all. I just got the ipad 2 as a gift & when I tried to sync the videos that I took on my Thunderbolt, I get messages from iTunes saying the content was not transferred. The photos transfer fine but if I try to drag the photos over it won't transfer. None of my videos transfer.

I'm at a loss. Is it because this is coming from an android platform to an apple platform?

Thanks in advance!

2. kaielement macrumors 65816

The problem is that the video you have is not compatible with the iPad apple is very restrictive so to speak when it comes to what format it requires for a video to play back. What I would do is either search google or YouTube on how to convert video from what ever format it's in to the format need to play back on iPad. I believe the iPad will only play mp4 in coded videos, but like I said do a google and YouTube search because I think you can get a better explanation than what I am saying lol..... Good luck and enjoy your new iPad. By the way I love all my apple products I own (two iPods, one iPod nano, iPhone 4, MacBook Air 11", white MacBook 13" and my new iPad 2) so to say the least I am an apple fan boy lol. Hope this helps.