Media File Information - Finder

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bcnmac, Apr 30, 2014.

1. bcnmac macrumors member

Hi,

I hope someone has some advice. I'm used to going to the properties in Windows and finding out the information about media files (bitrate, sampling rate). Or by adding the columns in windows explorer

I have to batch convert audio files, but I have some which are 44.1 khz and others that are 48 khz. The cmd+i function doesn't show me this information (nor the bitrate)

Does anyone know if there is a finder like program where I can easily view this info. Then at least I can separate the files and run batch conversions.

2. ricosuave macrumors 6502

ricosuave

Drop them in iTunes and do CMD J and click what column you want to see.

3. bcnmac thread starter macrumors member

Thanks, but that is not an ideal situation. I'm continually working with hundreds of different files, essentially podcasts.

Also, I have my iTunes with Match turned on. I'd rather not not have iTunes try to match these files.

Is there anyway to view the file information (bitrate, codec, sampling rate) in Finder? This is where I miss Windows Explorer :(

4. NexusHubs macrumors newbie

NexusHubs

You might want to check this out -
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/mediainfo/id510620098

$1 on MAS, standalone app.

To have it work with Finder, you may have to assign a keyboard shortcut to it and invoke it via Service.

If you don't mind to get your hand dirty in Terminal, a free open source CLI tool `mediainfo` is available via macports.