Media/File/Photo Database Management Application

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Baklava, May 4, 2013.

1. Baklava macrumors 6502a

Baklava

Hey all,

I try to find a solution for my media database and tried almost EVERY software. None of them met my expectations. (iPhoto, Aperture, Adobe Bridge, Lightroom, Pixa, ...)

My aim is to keep all my media files in one library and organise, preview, open and tag them quickly. These can be image files (psd, jpg, ...), vector files (ai, eps, ...), video files (mpg, mov, ...), sound files (wav, mp3, ...) photoshop stuff (pat, abr, ...) and others (html, css, txt, ...).

So far Adobe Bridge was very close to be the perfect app, but it has to rebuild the cache on every launch which makes browsing extremely slow.

Any recommendations?

2. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

What if you enable the "Automatically Export Cache To Folders When Possible" option? (I believe in older versions it was called distributed cache or something like that).

3. Baklava thread starter macrumors 6502a

Baklava

Big improvement, thanks. But is it normal that the invisible BridgeCache file is not created in every subfolder but just in the parent folder?

4. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Sorry I wouldn't know, I use Lightroom now, I just remembered that option from when I used Bridge in the past (back in my Windows days).