media files

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cindyjj, Feb 8, 2015.

1. cindyjj macrumors regular

I had loaded a purchased music cd into my macbook and imported it. I later deleted it and it prompted me with "move to media files or trash" and I clicked media files in case I wanted to retrieve it. I now want to retrieve it from my media files. Where do I find this? Thank you.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Did you import it into iTunes? If you did, by default they are located in your iTunes library folder in ~/Music/iTunes.

3. cindyjj thread starter macrumors regular

I imported it. Then I deleted it. When I clicked "delete" a prompt asked me if I wanted it to go to "media files" or "trash". I chose "media files". Now I want to retrieve it from "media files" and can't locate it.

I don't think it is in the itunes library because I "deleted" it.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

You should have gotten three options: "Cancel", "Keep file", and "Move to trash". Which one did you click?

5. cindyjj thread starter macrumors regular

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Click on the smiley Finder icon in the lower left of your screen. Then click on the Go menu in the menu bar and select Home. In the Home folder that will open, open the Music folder, then the iTunes folder. That is your iTunes folder library. Your missing files are in that folder.