Media is killing my iPad buzz

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spiderman0616, Mar 21, 2012.

1. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

I really hate the media when new Apple stuff launches. I got one weekend of no media BS and now the heat thing has taken less than three days to get completely spun into something it's not. And it's all because of wording.

It seems like a few people in some forums said their iPads were "overheating" when they meant to say "noticeably warmer". But the media saw "overheating" and they ran with it.

This is just like when I got my iPhone 4. Happiness completely snuffed out by people ripping on a great product. Doesn't seem fair. It's all in the name of generating more clicks.

For the record, my iPad has barely even gotten warm, has no screen issues, and has better wifi reception than my iPad 2. Think anyone will put me in the news for that?

2. brentsg macrumors 68040

I agree with this completely.

The funny thing, we're clued into the media's iPad reaction b/c we're close to it. Just imagine how much other media feeding we take at face value with little investigation.. It's a bit scary.

3. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

The solution is easy, really. Ignore the media.

The media has its own biases and needs to create controversy for ratings. If you get caught up in that hype you will lose sleep. It's not worth it.

Do you own research, reach your own conclusions, and forget the media hype. You'll live longer, you'll be happier, and your buzz will be spared.

4. calilove macrumors member

News channels are classified as entertainment, treat them that way.

5. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

Lol I was getting ready to make a thread about this.. My local news ran a story yesterday about the new iPad and I literally was shocked...

During the news they actually showed the breaking news graphic and the headline read
    " consumer reports reports the iPad runs warmer" and tonight they said another

" another issue with the iPad, the 4G is so fast many users are having unexpected bills due to data overages".... Really lol I don't understand this stupidly...

6. Booloo macrumors regular

Booloo

7. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5

Or accept the fact that Apple isn't perfect, evidence seen with the antenna on the 4. Or are you one of those that pump rainbows up their arse regardless of what they do or put out?

8. DarthRandom macrumors newbie

The iPad 3rd gen is my first iPad and so far I encountered no problems. Video or gaming I didn't feel as if I was getting burned.

9. OzExige macrumors 6502

OzExige

Yeah that's it.

dipstick

10. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Trolls desperately seeking something to complain about.
    and
    Yellow Journalism.

Perfect together

11. Booloo macrumors regular

Booloo

Of course they aren't. But these ipad "issues" are really grasping straws.

12. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

The only thing more ridiculous than overblown media coverage about iPad issues is the notion that overblown media coverage could have any effect on one's iPad "buzz".

"Mommy the news man is harshing on my iPad! Whatever shall I do?"

Lol. Seriously listen to yourselves.

13. lilo777 macrumors 603

It sounds like you are buying/choosing your devices for a wrong reason and as a result are very insecure in your choice. Are you seeking validation for your decisions in mass media? Are you afraid that the media might say that you bought a lemon? You should not worry about that too much. Apple has enough money to shut the media up.

14. emaja macrumors 68000

I don't give a damn what the media says. I still like mine - and you should too.

15. newbiemacguy128 macrumors regular

I don't think anyone should take anything the media says personally. In fact, they may be doing you a favor! The iPad 3 being warmer may or may not be an issue to you, but without people complaining we would never get that perfect device we've always wanted.

Yellow tint, antennae issues, wifi problems, heat issues, back light bleeding, and etc. If no one complained, quality control would be quite different.

IMO though, the heat is a big problem FOR me. Doing light gaming/web browsing and getting sweaty hands is not cool!

16. wharzhee macrumors 6502

A few days before the launch, the media also said that the iPad launch would be delayed by 3days and all iPad shipment will be delayed by 3 weeks. All hail the media.

17. Username02 macrumors regular

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds

18. drenline macrumors 6502a

drenline

I can cook my breakfast by placing my food on top of my new iPad now.

19. spiderman0616 thread starter macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. How can they purposely be so misleading? It's Apple's fault that people are blowing their data plans?

20. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

This is actually the best solution to a whole world of problems.