Media is killing my iPad buzz

spiderman0616

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
I really hate the media when new Apple stuff launches. I got one weekend of no media BS and now the heat thing has taken less than three days to get completely spun into something it's not. And it's all because of wording.

It seems like a few people in some forums said their iPads were "overheating" when they meant to say "noticeably warmer". But the media saw "overheating" and they ran with it.

This is just like when I got my iPhone 4. Happiness completely snuffed out by people ripping on a great product. Doesn't seem fair. It's all in the name of generating more clicks.

For the record, my iPad has barely even gotten warm, has no screen issues, and has better wifi reception than my iPad 2. Think anyone will put me in the news for that?

brentsg

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
I agree with this completely.

The funny thing, we're clued into the media's iPad reaction b/c we're close to it. Just imagine how much other media feeding we take at face value with little investigation.. It's a bit scary.

ZBoater

macrumors G3
Jul 2, 2007
Sunny Florida
The solution is easy, really. Ignore the media.

The media has its own biases and needs to create controversy for ratings. If you get caught up in that hype you will lose sleep. It's not worth it.

Do you own research, reach your own conclusions, and forget the media hype. You'll live longer, you'll be happier, and your buzz will be spared.

Maclver

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2008
36°07′53″N 95°56′14″W
Lol I was getting ready to make a thread about this.. My local news ran a story yesterday about the new iPad and I literally was shocked...

During the news they actually showed the breaking news graphic and the headline read
" consumer reports reports the iPad runs warmer" and tonight they said another

" another issue with the iPad, the 4G is so fast many users are having unexpected bills due to data overages".... Really lol I don't understand this stupidly...

BoxerGT2.5

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2008
Or accept the fact that Apple isn't perfect, evidence seen with the antenna on the 4. Or are you one of those that pump rainbows up their arse regardless of what they do or put out?

DarthRandom

macrumors newbie
Apr 4, 2011
Canada
The iPad 3rd gen is my first iPad and so far I encountered no problems. Video or gaming I didn't feel as if I was getting burned.

noteple

macrumors 65816
Aug 30, 2011
Trolls desperately seeking something to complain about.
and
Yellow Journalism.

Perfect together

Booloo

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2012
Of course they aren't. But these ipad "issues" are really grasping straws.

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
The only thing more ridiculous than overblown media coverage about iPad issues is the notion that overblown media coverage could have any effect on one's iPad "buzz".

"Mommy the news man is harshing on my iPad! Whatever shall I do?"

Lol. Seriously listen to yourselves.

lilo777

macrumors 603
Nov 25, 2009
I really hate the media when new Apple stuff launches. I got one weekend of no media BS and now the heat thing has taken less than three days to get completely spun into something it's not. And it's all because of wording.

It seems like a few people in some forums said their iPads were "overheating" when they meant to say "noticeably warmer". But the media saw "overheating" and they ran with it.

This is just like when I got my iPhone 4. Happiness completely snuffed out by people ripping on a great product. Doesn't seem fair. It's all in the name of generating more clicks.

For the record, my iPad has barely even gotten warm, has no screen issues, and has better wifi reception than my iPad 2. Think anyone will put me in the news for that?
It sounds like you are buying/choosing your devices for a wrong reason and as a result are very insecure in your choice. Are you seeking validation for your decisions in mass media? Are you afraid that the media might say that you bought a lemon? You should not worry about that too much. Apple has enough money to shut the media up.

newbiemacguy128

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2009
I don't think anyone should take anything the media says personally. In fact, they may be doing you a favor! The iPad 3 being warmer may or may not be an issue to you, but without people complaining we would never get that perfect device we've always wanted.

Yellow tint, antennae issues, wifi problems, heat issues, back light bleeding, and etc. If no one complained, quality control would be quite different.

IMO though, the heat is a big problem FOR me. Doing light gaming/web browsing and getting sweaty hands is not cool!

wharzhee

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2010
texas
A few days before the launch, the media also said that the iPad launch would be delayed by 3days and all iPad shipment will be delayed by 3 weeks. All hail the media.

Username02

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2010
"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds

spiderman0616

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
Lol I was getting ready to make a thread about this.. My local news ran a story yesterday about the new iPad and I literally was shocked...

During the news they actually showed the breaking news graphic and the headline read
" consumer reports reports the iPad runs warmer" and tonight they said another

" another issue with the iPad, the 4G is so fast many users are having unexpected bills due to data overages".... Really lol I don't understand this stupidly...
That's the kind of stuff I'm talking about. How can they purposely be so misleading? It's Apple's fault that people are blowing their data plans?