Media Issues, Torrents Not Downloading

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hanabear, May 14, 2015.

1. hanabear macrumors newbie

Hello, this is my first post here. You all seem like a very helpful, active community so I'm hoping someone will have a solution to my issue. I have already contacted Apple Support to no avail. I'm having two problems, first is that videos are not playing on Comcast Xfinity but Youtube videos work fine. When I spoke with Apple Support they didn't help at all, they suggested I install Java, so I did. That didn't help. They then suggested that I clear my caches and that didn't work either. I've tried to play the videos in both Safari and Google Chrome and neither work. I've also tried playing the videos on my Windows PC and it worked there so I know it's not a network issue.

Second problem is torrents not downloading on Bittorrent or uTorrent. The files never appear and it says the size is 0 bytes. I got it to work once by starting Bittorrent offline and then turning wifi back on and downloading the torrent. But since then it hasn't worked at all. These are torrents with many seeders as well.

This is my very first Macbook that I just got this week so I'm really upset that I can't do most of what I got this computer for. It's the 13" Pro w/ Retina, running OS X 10.10.3. Sorry for the wall of text!!!

2. Justamar macrumors newbie

Did you update your flash player? I'm not sure if comcast uses flash, or if they use silverlight?

you can try another torrent application, i personally use "transmission" and have good results for it? What type of network are you using for the torrenting? Some network admins turn off torrenting ports so you might have to research on what the network allows.