Media Link Fixed

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by i.shaun, Oct 7, 2008.

1. i.shaun macrumors 6502a

i.shaun

Nullrivers MediaLink for Mac OS X is something I've been trying to fix for a long time now.

Everyone else seems to have it working fine, other than the Ps3 not reading certain file types. I just could not figure out why Media link would not work, why the firewall logs show a strange message every time I try. (If you Search Mroogle, you'll probably see my old threads about it)

Recently, I purchased an Apple Airport Extreme Base Station, and tried again with no luck. I then thought that since the beginning of my mac experience, I did a lot of things on here using an admin account, while not knowing OS X very well, including the attempted deletion of programs and their files. There was also a power outage that damaged my files, and other small things that happen like system settings suddenly changing. (no major changeS)

I decided to pop in the OS X install disc, erase my HDD, and re-install OS X 10.4 back to it's factory default settings, then re-install only the programs I use. IF I need to delete a program in the future, I have purchased AppZapper to do it for me, safely.

So ever since doing so, It seems to run smoother, and I figured I would re-install Media Link and try it once more. To my surprise, it works now. I can now access all my iTunes music, and files via my Ps3.

Looking back, I believe it was "Little Snitch" which corrupted, closed, or in some way prevented my network connections from going through properly. I did not have app zapper, so I tried to delete it manually, but the damage it seems was already done.

If anyone else was having media link troubles, or even any other problems over time, I suggest taking the time to re-install OS X, or reset to factory default. It worked for me, it may work for you.

2. Glennsune macrumors newbie

My Medialink has always worked properly. But I'm glad to hear that you fixed your problems, and perhaps this could help others having the same kind of issues.

Thanks.