Media management app (not iTunes!)

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by alexs77, Sep 18, 2011.

1. alexs77 macrumors newbie

Hello.

What application can you suggest for managing a music library? I do NOT want to use iTunes; I tried Songbird, but am getting really sick and tired of it, because of all of it's bugs :mad:

What else can you suggest? It doesn't have to support iPhone/iPad/iWhatever, as I try to stay away from Apple stuff (that's also why I wouldn't want to use iTunes…); it must support USB MSC "harddrives" (in reality, an Android mobile phone).

Pure and "simple" folder based "management" with just copying folders with "Finder" (or rsync or somesuch) is also not what I'm looking for. Basically, it should be something like Songbird, but "in working", or iTunes, but "not from Apple" :)

Thanks a lot,

Alexander

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

What specifically don't you like about iTunes. I'd hate to suggest something to you that had those same features you dislike.

Do you have a budget?

While on the subject my complaint about iTunes is that it can not un-scrable names and files "John Coltrane" under "J" and not "C". It should automatically be able to figure this out. "Calabre" is an organizes for e-books and it does this very well.

One other music player/organizer I've used is "Rhythmbox". Google will find it for you. But I like iTunes better. But it is quite a lot like iTunes and so you may not like it