Media Management Application - And UMS/MSC Device Sync

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ungraphic, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ungraphic macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

There's an application that I've toyed around with in the past, I found it via a tag link from engadget.com in a news item. The application basically worked like iTunes, however it had management for videos and music, and could use UMS/MSC devices like the Cowon S9. It is *not* Songbird. I can't remember the name of the application for the death of me, and I can't seem to find it in versiontracker or macupdate.

The app is, or at least still was, in its early stages of development however when I tried using it (just to test) with my old iAudio i5 mp3 player, it recognized the device and made separate folders when music was sent to it from the applications main music library. Because the Cowon S9 is a ums/msc device and requires no software to transfer tracks, this application made it great to see which tracks were always on it.

If anyone knows the name, or can even recommend something similar, it would be GREATLY appreciated! Thank you!

2. ungraphic thread starter macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

3. waffles123 macrumors regular

I'm not sure if this is what you are talking about, but could it possibly be Doubletwist?

4. ungraphic thread starter macrumors 6502a

ungraphic

God damn! YES!!!

Thank you so much!!! Reason why I've been searching for this is because (partially due to todays epic fail ipod releases) I'm buying a Cowon S9 within a few days, and DoubleTwist adds functionality to managing all the existing songs within the music folder on a device.

Again, MANY MANY thanks!! :D:D:D