Media management

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by greg609, Jun 2, 2013.

1. greg609 macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have over many files sitting in a videocam, overtime not all files have been backed up, and what was backedup (50%) is in seperate folders (eg, by events) mounted from NAS (synology)

What I need to do is find the files that have not been backedup, review them and backup (selectively), and finally I hope to confidently clean my videocam completely.

I have been trying to find a tool to list all files in my sony, thats not present in the organized folders. I would like to see the results in a finder like app so I can review the videos before I copy them over or just delete unwanted vids.

Addnly, terminal command will also be useful to make final repeated checks that to be sure nothing is missed out....

Please help.

h/w: mac air (recently switched from windows)

Thanks.

2. justperry macrumors 604

justperry

I'm having a hard time understanding you, but I'll give it a try.

Import all video's from the Handycam (Or whatever) onto the Nas, then use Finder to search for Video Files, be sure the NAS is not in Spotlight Privacy tab (In Preference Panes)

To use search just input a name, some files will show up, click the + sign on the top right, then you can search for movies.