media player & changing song speed for Mac?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by doriangrey7, Sep 19, 2011.

1. doriangrey7 macrumors newbie

Greetings, I'm new to the Mac world and I'm looking for a program that I can use to slow songs down to help me learn the guitar solos. I'm a guitar player and I've been using windows media player to slow the song speed down so I can learn fast guitar licks/passages but iTunes doesn't let you do this. Any ideas anyone? Any advice/help would be much appreciated...

2. firestarter macrumors 603

firestarter

Take a look in the app store for Capo. You have to pay for it, but it's completely worth it... you can slow down, change pitch, loop, apply filters to remove the guitar.

The best feature though is the spectrogram it creates of the music. If you click within the spectrogram, it adds that note to the tab at the bottom of the screen. Makes it really easy to tab new tracks.

You can get a demo copy here:
    http://supermegaultragroovy.com/products/Capo/

3. doriangrey7 thread starter macrumors newbie

Capo looks like it's pretty cool...sounds like it will do what I am looking for and much more....but it's not cheap at $50...definitely gonna check it out...

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

Garage band might do what you need. I know it can adjust the timing of a recording, slow it down and speed it it.

I think the way to use it is to impoort the mp3 to an audio track then change the tempo, should "just work"

You can adjust the pitch too if you like a few seitones up or down