Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lostngone

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 11, 2003
Anchorage
The Apple forum what pretty much useless so I thought I would ask here...

Two days ago I purchased a Family Pack of 10.5 and on the first system I installed it on the drive scratched the media and it is now unreadable. I called Apple about media replacement and was told that it would be 50.00USD!

This the going rate for Media replacement from Apple???

Before anyone asks, yes I have the receipt to prove I did purchase it.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I saw your post in the Apple forum. Don't base your opinion of the forum from that response. In any event, pricing and replacement policy is something they are not allowed to discuss.

Having said that, why not call and speak to a supervisor at customer support and find out why media replacement is so costly. Be polite and explain the situation. The media itself is very inexpensive, it's the cost of the license that is not - but you've already paid for that. Be sure to mention that fact to the supervisor at customer support.

It's possible they included sales tax and shipping\handling, but still, $50.00 seems too high. I just noticed you're in Anchorage, I wonder if the price they quoted you included expedited shipping?

Regards.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.