Media share 1080 HD imovie project... where did it go?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by marchellobb, Nov 12, 2010.

1. marchellobb macrumors member

So i finished my first ten-minute long short film, i'm really proud of it. I wanted to share the whole thing in 1080p HD and then import it into after effects for some finishing touches. I did sharing < media sharing < 1080p hd.

1. Where did my movie go? it doesn't show up in iMovie anymore, and I found a big file over 1GB which appears to be my movie (but no way is it in 1080p, and I filmed with a sony HDR xr520v). I cant put that back into iMovie nor after effects.

2. Can I import this file into after effects cs4 and then re-export it in an equal quality?

2. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Assuming that you used iMovie then your movie will be in Home Folder>Movies>iMovie Projects. However, it's only there as long as you don't delete the project from within iMovie, and will appear in the Movies section of the Media Browser in applications that use it, eg iWeb, Pages, Keynote etc.

Also, the file in the iMovie projects floder is not you movie, it's a package. Right/Control click on the file and choose Show Package Contents, and your movie will be in the Folder Movies.

3. marchellobb thread starter macrumors member

The file is a .rcproject file, opens fine with iDVD but can't be imported into After Effects. I need to do some special touches.

Would I have been better editing each clip in after effects before uploading them into iMovie?

Right-clicking it opens up a Proxies folder filled with folders with .data files.

4. Dave Braine macrumors 68040

Dave Braine

Sorry, never used After Effects.

Right/ctrl clicking and selecting Show Package Contents, should open a folder containing at least 3 Folders(Movies, Proxies and Quicklook) and a data file, Project. Some of mine contain other files as well.