Media Storage?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by thankins, Jan 27, 2009.

1. thankins macrumors 6502

Wa curious where everyone is storing their media. Recently took the plunge and got the MacBook Air rev A with the 80 GB HD. Right now I have around 58 GBs free.

I reviewed the guide about saving your media on a external drive and accessing it via the Internet and successfully set that up. I have about 700 GBs of space available on that all setup through my AEBS. Would it be possible to store my media (music/movies) on that and stream them from there when I am remotely (i.e. at work, starbucks, etc...). What sort of delays would I be seeing in the streaming process? My connection at home is roughly 7 down and 1.5 upload. Would the high upload speed help in this issue?

Thanks - I look forward to your response!

2. ltsching macrumors member

I have my iTunes and iPhoto files stored on my 500G Time Capsule. Overall, they work okay, definitely slower than internal HDDs. I also have a few problems with wireless dropouts and abrupt disconnections that rendered my files unreadable. This seems to happen when it is doing a Time Machine backup. I am now seriously considering using an external HDD, but am wary of the single USB port. I am not sure if I can use a USB hub when I am trying to import photos from my digital camera. Any thoughts?