Media Types in Printing configuration

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by kjohansen, Feb 27, 2009.

1. kjohansen macrumors newbie

I am new to the Mac, so it was a little different the first time I tried to print an image for a client on my Epson R2400. I did not see the Media Type configuration. I did find it!

My real question stems from the paper types that I print with. I am a professional photographer and asked this same question in some photographer forums, I received no answer. I am hoping someone here will know. Ok, so here goes; I use Ilford paper, but it could be any manufacturers paper. The paper I printed with first was a Gallerie Smooth Pearl, the correct Media Type would be and was found in Ultra Premium Luster Paper, it worked great. I also print Gallerie Smooth Gloss, the only Media Type I could see was Premium Gloss Paper.

Is there a difference between Ultra Premium and just plain Premium? I was using the ICC profiles from Ilford.

Is there a way to get more Media Types?

Any help would be great!!!!!

Kristi

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

I think you would be more likely to find a useful response in the Digital Photography forum.

3. kjohansen thread starter macrumors newbie

As per your advice, I posted it there also, no answers. Doesn't anyone understand Mac printing?