MediaHuman Audio Converter - Great free audio conversion

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Donka, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Donka macrumors 68020

Donka

I'm relatively new to OSX and was looking for simple but practical audio converter for converting my iTunes tracks to a specific bitrate in MP3 for use in my car. The trial of Switch did the job but I have now found this free software which is excellent - it covers all of the basics and works very quickly. I have read about a lot of people struggling to find a suitable audio converter on the Mac so wanted to share this for those who haven't used it before. I have nothing to do with this developer, just sharing a good app...

http://www.mediahuman.com/audio-converter/

2. DoctorCrap macrumors regular

DoctorCrap

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Of course, you can do the same thing in iTunes.

4. Donka thread starter macrumors 68020

Donka

Yes I know but prefer the flexibility of a dedicated app and some of my older music on my NAS is not in an iTunes friendly format. With this app you can set profiles for different formats making it easy to switch between them.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Interesting. I've always used All2MP3 to convert older files to .mp3 format for use with iTunes. There are quite a few of these free conversion apps out there.

6. Donka thread starter macrumors 68020

Donka

That requirement was the reason I found this app but its full functionality in a free package is the reason I am recommending it. I realise there are many options just to convert a track to MP3 but this app supports many formats and has some nice batch options.