Medialink - not working

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Freis968, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Freis968 macrumors 6502a

Freis968

Medialink was working beautifully under Leopard. Upgrade to SL and now it does not work. I went to the Medialink website and there was nothing on there about an update.

For those of you who have the program working, did you do anything to get it to work, or did it just work like it was supposed to?

2. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

Mine just worked both before and after. Version 1.5 though, I haven't upraded yet.

3. 340driver macrumors newbie

Am the same, have the latest medialink v1.72 and the preference pane seems to work fine after system pref starts up in 32bit mode, but it doesn't share anything.

the nullriver.com website is of no help so far! :(

4. mofle macrumors newbie

Medialink + Snow Leopard = FAIL

Mine stopped working too (1.72).

It seems more people are having this issue:
    http://search.twitter.com/search?q=medialink

I got this email 13 days ago, after i sent some feedback.

Really hope a new version with Snow Leopard support will come VERY soon.
    I use MediaLink every day, and it disappointing that there is no news on the site from the developer and no new version yet...

BTW, the newest version of Rivet already works on Snow Leopard, but I'm not about to shell out for another DLNA software. At least yet...

5. mofle macrumors newbie

6. Tuta macrumors member

Tuta

Missing my Medialink...

contemplating rolling back to the 1.5 -- does anyone remember what was added from 1.5 to 1.72? Curious as to what I would lose.

7. Ackster macrumors newbie

I've found that if I stop and restart file sharing, my PS3 is able to see medialink just fine. I think I will end up d/l the older version though since stopping and restarting file sharing gets old.

8. sva macrumors regular

Mine isn't working either.

3.0 Firmware for PS3 was just released so I assume they were waiting for that before releasing/working on an update.

9. zen macrumors 68000

zen

Working fine here in Snow Leopard. I assume you guys have tried reinstalling it?

10. serverleader macrumors newbie

thanks man that worked.... (v1.59)

1.72 did stoped working when I installed Snow Leopard :(

11. zen macrumors 68000

zen

12. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

Running 1.59 on 10.6 here as well as 1.72 craps out with a DLNA protocol errror #2006. Music and Pictures work fine on 1.59 but I still can't use video as the PS3 craps out with a 800288D8 error anywhere from 10-30 seconds into a video stream (encoded using PS3 preset on Handbrake 0.93 from DVD).

13. brijazz macrumors 6502

brijazz

1.59 here too...

I also rolled back to 1.59 after 1.72 wouldn't work under Snow Leopard. It's working well enough; I get lots of error messages that pop up during video playback (PS3 is wired to my router), but nothing that actually stops the video from playing as it should. Looking forward to the new version of MediaLink; I'll second the idea that Nullriver is just waiting to test it against the newly-released PS3 firmware 3.0.

14. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

Looks like NullRiver has released version 2.0a1 of MediaLink! It is 64-bit native and (so far) works on Snow Leopard.

MediaLink

15. ethana macrumors 6502a

I'm still getting DLNA protocol errror #2006 even on 2.0a and SL

16. ethana macrumors 6502a

I just rolled back to 1.59 and now videos are streaming quickly but I too am getting the "80710736" error constantly. Grr...

17. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

I'm having the same exact problems streaming video on both versions. The PS3 even chokes halfway though 24MB podcast (right after completely saturating my 100Mb LAN connection somehow).

18. archi81 macrumors newbie

Different error code

I just installed the full version of medialink 2 days ago. I have snow leopard as well. I get the error code 2101. I have no idea how to make it work. At first look, it seems my videos will play, then the error comes and then it says corrupt file.

19. SicMX macrumors member

Has anyone managed to get Medialink working under Snow Leopard yet?

20. guywoodman7 macrumors member

I'm using Medialink v2.0a1 under Snow Leopard 10.6.1, and PS3 Firmware 3.0 and everything is working for the most part. However, I've had plenty of issues in the past with streaming and have gotten into the habit of copying over the video I plan on watching as opposed to streaming it. I haven't had any issues with this method, it's just not as instantaneous. It sure beats the movie losing connection mid way through watching.

21. friendga macrumors newbie

media link

also having trouble with media link. I am running this from a imac to a samsung tv with a ethernet cable.the tv recognizes media link but does not load any of my photos from iphoto and the same with music from itunes. it does show the folders but no content.also can you transmit bbc radio from imac to tv via ethernet cable? by any dlna software?

22. SecrtAgnt macrumors newbie

Can someone re-submit this - it's beyond the maximum downloads.