Medialink problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by erhilse, Sep 4, 2009.

1. erhilse macrumors newbie

erhilse

I upgraded my computer to snow leopard and installed the new medialink to work with it but for some reason when im on my ps3 I get an 80710736 error. It shows all my files and everything and the music and pictures play most of the time fine but my videos that are stream have problems it will play a few seconds of it or none at all and I was wondering since I have my videos on an external usb2.0 harddrive would that be a problem because I just bought it.

2. confirmed macrumors regular

confirmed

Yeah, I was excited to see the Medialink update come out, but it seems that it's truly an alpha product. I haven't been able to get it working, receiving the same errors on all my media. This may be caused by the recent PS3 3.0 firmware update.

While I eagerly await an updated alpha of 2.0 and later a final release with video transcoding, a user on the Apple discussions site was kind enough to post a link to an older version of Medialink that does still work:
    http://drop.io/m3knnbh8763

Haven't had any troubles using that version with Snow Leopard and PS3 3.0.

3. erhilse thread starter macrumors newbie

erhilse

I tried to download that and it still has the same problem I think it has something to do with my external harddrive