Medialink PS3 Help

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cgrier, Nov 4, 2008.

1. cgrier macrumors member

Ok so i downloaded the trial and my ps3 and iMac linked up just fine. My pictures in photo work nicely but for some reason my music in iTunes doesnt show up. It says "there are no tracks" for every folder in itunes on the ps3. If i go through the folders and find the music manually i can view and play my music but it's a pain in the butt.

Can anyone tell me why my music wont show up on my ps3 through the itunes folder? I really want this to work so i can free up space on my ps3.

2. PrinceAlexander macrumors member

I use Medialink with my PS3, and everything works fine. The first rule is to make sure that you're in the right category. If you want to listen to music, you must be in the music category on the PS3. Your iTunes folder will appear under photos, movies, etc. as well, but you cannot access music files from the iTunes folder in the movies category.

Assuming this isn't your issue, have you done anything to shift the iTunes files to another location? Have you tried accessing playlists?

Failing all of that, you could also try highlighting the iTunes folder (again, in the music category) and hitting the triangle button for options. One of those options is show/display all, which I find I use a lot for external drives etc.

:)

3. cgrier thread starter macrumors member

I figured out the problem... i have two library's and i had to go back and rename one to the default names. I discovered this when i went into itunes and created a new library and medialink found everything for the new one. So i looked to see how that new one was setup (filenames) and i changed my filenames to match. Then deleted the new one and my personal one worked!

Next step... i used it for awhile and i started to get server errors... is that common? If so im gonna be mad that i wasted $20. I never have issues with my internet on my ps3... i play online all the time

4. MikeDTyke macrumors 6502a

I've found that between time outs waiting for a file to load, my mac disappearing in the PS3's crossbar and the hit N miss of files the PS3 will play has made me write off the $20 i spent as a bad investment. I now use an Appletv, the PS3 is for games and blu-ray only. :mad:

M.