Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
Hi all,

I have the following setup:

iMac with folders defined (on external FW800 drive), connected to AEBS via a 4 port 100Mbps switch using powerline ethernet LAN, connected to PS3 via another powerline LAN device.

Music and photos work fine but videos are extremely unreliable. Sometimes nothing shows at all, sometimes it hangs when listing videos, sometimes it shows a list of files but there are files missing.

..pretty frustrating.

Anyone else have this problem? Anything obviously wrong with my setup? I dont have any other problems with the setup, only medialink causes me headaches.

I dont have apple firewall turned on, am running littlesnitch - could that be it?

Thanks!
Monty

monty77

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 4, 2005
UK, South Coast
What kind of movie files are they?

Tried streaming a movie that's on your local hard drive?

Try using other software eg http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/ and see if you get better results (this software worked the best for me)

Mixture, mp4/avi etc..

Yes, same results.

I'll give that a go, thanks! I'm going to move things about and try a proper Cat5e wired LAN too, I suppose it could be the extra swtich and/or power over ethernet causing me issues.

M

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.