Medication reminder apps

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tl01, May 16, 2015.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

I am trying to use the various medication reminder apps. I am helping my mil get ready for surgery and she has a zillion medicines to manage. Has anyone tried these apps. I have tried a bunch and I feel like it must be user error. The notifications don't seem to pop up correctly but I am pretty decent with using my phone etc and don't usually have a problem with apps.

2. chris-jenkins macrumors newbie

There's tons of reminder apps available for free and also for a small price. I think in the situation you're talking about a simple reminder app would do a decent job. It would be good if there was one specific for medicines. Hope the surgery goes well mate!

3. eneisch macrumors 6502a

The app you use has to be compatible with the watch or you won't receive notifications on the watch. CareZone lets you scan the barcodes on the pill bottles which automatically fills in medication data and how often to take it. They have a watch app too where you can set notification preferences.

4. NewScotland macrumors newbie

WebMd has this functionality. I used it recently and consistently reminded me.

5. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

I was using MediSafe to help track my wife's medications after surgery. It's free, has a good iPhone app, and a good Watch App. It even lets you customize the icon for the specific medication to match the color and style of the pill/capsule/etc.

It has the ability to track medication for secondary users, but it won't populate the Watch app with secondary user data, so I ended up entering my wife's medication as the primary user, and that seemed to work great.

6. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Which one did you try and discard? I am using Pill Reminder but for some reason the haptic alert doesn't always work. Not good since I need to take one of my meds at a certain time every day. But I don't know if that's a problem with the program or the watch. It always works for a day or two after I reboot the watch.

Oh and good luck and good health to your MIL.

7. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I tried Medisafe.... And I put in all the meds and when I checked the app it says I still need to add meds on the phone. I have also tried Mango health which is sort of working and Easy Pill which doesn't seem to be getting that something three times a day isn't done after the first dose. Don't know what I'm doing wrong:(.

8. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Oh and thank you for the well wishes for her surgery.

----------

I'll try this one when she wakes up from her nap;). I like the idea of just scanning the bottles!

The other bummer about Medisafe is that one of her pills is once a week... And it didn't have a way to schedule once a week...so then I had to schedule in my calendar. Would be nice to have all of them in the same app;).

9. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

You couldn't just use the built in alarm function?

You can have multiple alarms per day or have them set to go off on specific days only. You can display customized text when each alarm sounds (different pill names, for example)

Just remember to have them repeat indefinitely, otherwise they might switch themselves off after triggering once.

10. T-Will macrumors 6502a

T-Will

It seems like I've had similar issues with other apps where the Watch app doesn't sync correctly with the iPhone app, but then out of the blue they start working. Maybe try uninstalling/reinstalling and rebooting your iPhone/Watch.

The other thing I was doing was just entering the medications as calendar events, and using the modular watch face (or any that show the next event) to display the next medication to take.

11. JSB1540 macrumors 6502

Thanks, I learned something new. Don't know why I never thought to do this. I really need to take my Alzheimer's Meds.:D

12. BirdsCorp macrumors newbie

Hey, I'm Dmitry from BirdsCorp, developer of Easy Pill.
    From time to time we monitor the mentions of our app to find new reviews so I found your message. I'm sorry for any inconvinience, I will be happy to help you with any issues you had with Easy Pill, if you can and still consider Easy Pill to be your pill tracker - please use in-app function to contact us by email and describe the problem :)

13. ceyhello macrumors newbie

ceyhello

I would like to mention about this android/ios based medication reminder application ceyhello. It can be used as medication reminder, helps you and your family keep track of your medications. It also helps you keep your medical records on the cloud.

P.S This app is developed by me, will be my pleasure to help you all.

14. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

Instead of adding an app, I use what Apple provided and find the calendar to work quite well.