Medieval 2 Total War

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by stuff99, Sep 18, 2007.

1. stuff99 macrumors 6502

I was just wondering if the new iMacs running xp in bootcamp can run this game smoothly?

Does anybody know?

2. gregorsamsa macrumors 6502a

(Metamorphosing near) Staffs, 51st State.
    Bump. Hopefully someone has played this on a new iMac at the highest settings & can confirm performance quality or lack of?

3. joemama2413 macrumors member

this is pretty funny, i have this game, but i have yet to play yet, ive been playing dota, it will work fine, im sure

4. gregorsamsa macrumors 6502a

Thanks. The reason I asked: looking at the fps benchmarks one finds a huge performance difference between the iMac's HD 2400 XT & HD 2600 PRO graphics. The HD 2600 PRO is actually a fairly decent video card, whereas the HD 2400 XT appears to be little better than the old white iMac's X1600.

As I'm buying a desktop in the next couple of weeks, I'd like to know for sure whether the HD 2400 XT in the cheaper 20" iMac runs Medieval 2 smoothly at the highest settings. If not, I'm probably better off buying a gaming PC & then a Mac Mini for serious work to complement my 12" iBook. :)

5. boyojohnquinn macrumors newbie

hey. I've got a Macbook Pro with 2.2ghz and a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M 128MB of GDDR3 SDRAM graphics card

Running on Parallels MTW2 installs fine and then when i try to open it it says my graphics card hasn't got Shade 1 technology. So I would make sure yours does first.

Equally it won't even let me play MTW1 as once it installs and i try to play it it crashes back to windows. does anyone know why this might be?

6. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been playing this game via bootcamp and it runs fine on my 20" aluminum iMac

7. patmort02 macrumors member

I have been playing Medieval 2 on my family's 20" iMac with the 2400 HD Pro and it works great. The settings are set high and it runs without a hitch.

8. Cromulent macrumors 603

Cromulent

Play via Bootcamp. Parallels is never going to work for gaming.

9. gregorsamsa macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the clarification, guys! Playing RTS games like Total War (& other non-console stuff) are the only games I'd consider essential when I get a new desktop. Let's hope "Empire: Total War" (to be released later this year) runs just as well.

10. Kingsly macrumors 68040

Kingsly

It ran great on my MBP w/ the ATI X1600 (128MB) on really high settings.

Great game, by the way. :)