Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tu13es

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2009
I was actually curious about that this morning. I did some digging around and couldn't find anything. Kind of strange..

navajarunner

macrumors regular
Feb 3, 2009
I was holding out for Meebo but I figured there was a bad reason it hasn't come out. So I took advantage of the sale price for IM+. Meebo took too long...

AHDuke99

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2002
Charleston, SC
Yeah, really. Meebo and ESPN have both dropped the ball. I'm happy with BeeJive though for IMs. However, that ESPN app looked great. I wonder why it never came to pass? Scorecenter is alright, but no video highlights or push updates.

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
I was waiting for Meebo for a while. Then I bought Beejive. Been using it happily for months now. Meebo who?

Almy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
I didn't understand the Meebo spotlight to begin with. Beejive had already been around for months before the 3.0 announcement, and had already announced it would be push ready. And now IM+ is around too. Who knows!

macfan881

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2006
Yeah, really. Meebo and ESPN have both dropped the ball. I'm happy with BeeJive though for IMs. However, that ESPN app looked great. I wonder why it never came to pass? Scorecenter is alright, but no video highlights or push updates.
Well last week Scorecenter sent out a a tweet that they are going to start testing the push notification stuff so that will start rolling out hopefully by winter or late fall will have something
I didn't understand the Meebo spotlight to begin with. Beejive had already been around for months before the 3.0 announcement, and had already announced it would be push ready. And now IM+ is around too. Who knows!
Meebo was Very popular prior to the who app store I think Meebo was the best web based app to use for ims on the ipod touch I used it alot back when the web apps were popular

Almy

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2008
Ah, that makes since. I came in on the 3G so I take apps for granted. It's a shame they weren't able to make the switch from browser to app.

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
I used meebo least year when the iPhone 3G was new and when instant massaging app was non existent.

iSaga

macrumors regular
May 25, 2008
I don't think any of those apps that were previewed at that event have been released, besides Tom Tom.

IronLogik

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2009
I heard Trillian Astra will be ready for launch some time in November.

Astra is in review. It's been in review for over a month and a half I think. Or close to it. I sure as hell hope we see it soon. Apple is dropping the ball big time here.

As for meebo. i started a thread on the meebo forums. That sure got out of hand real fast. Meebo just dropped the ball big time as well. Pretty sad.

http://forum.meebo.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35631

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
I heard Trillian Astra will be ready for launch some time in November.

Sorry to take this thread off topic, but have any screenshots or features for trillian astra for the iphone been made public? very interested in this one since i use trillian on my home computer......

EDIT

nevermind, stupid me, did a google search and found this:

http://blog.ceruleanstudios.com/?p=476

richxps

macrumors 68000
Jun 9, 2008
HI all, i wanted to bring this thread alive once again.
Any update on Meebo, i know i heard sometime this year but were only days away to 2010. Wonder if it will hit soon or ever hit at all ?
To bad because i was looking forward to this app back when it was demoed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.