Meebo App?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by DaveTaylor, Oct 4, 2009.

1. DaveTaylor macrumors 6502

The application was demo'd at 3.0 ages ago, any idea when it's actually coming to the store?

2. Tu13es macrumors regular

I was actually curious about that this morning. I did some digging around and couldn't find anything. Kind of strange..

3. navajarunner macrumors regular

navajarunner

I was holding out for Meebo but I figured there was a bad reason it hasn't come out. So I took advantage of the sale price for IM+. Meebo took too long...

4. macfan881 macrumors 68020

im guessing there the same devs that are working on the espn stuff showed at 3.0 to :D

zing ;)!

5. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Yeah, really. Meebo and ESPN have both dropped the ball. I'm happy with BeeJive though for IMs. However, that ESPN app looked great. I wonder why it never came to pass? Scorecenter is alright, but no video highlights or push updates.

6. rKunda macrumors 65816

rKunda

I was waiting for Meebo for a while. Then I bought Beejive. Been using it happily for months now. Meebo who?

7. Almy macrumors 6502

I didn't understand the Meebo spotlight to begin with. Beejive had already been around for months before the 3.0 announcement, and had already announced it would be push ready. And now IM+ is around too. Who knows!

8. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Well last week Scorecenter sent out a a tweet that they are going to start testing the push notification stuff so that will start rolling out hopefully by winter or late fall will have something
    Meebo was Very popular prior to the who app store I think Meebo was the best web based app to use for ims on the ipod touch I used it alot back when the web apps were popular

9. Almy macrumors 6502

Ah, that makes since. I came in on the 3G so I take apps for granted. It's a shame they weren't able to make the switch from browser to app.

10. Almy macrumors 6502

11. retroneo macrumors 6502a

Haha... It's probably "waiting for approval"....

12. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Goldfrapp

I heard Trillian Astra will be ready for launch some time in November.

13. Pika macrumors 68000

Pika

I used meebo least year when the iPhone 3G was new and when instant massaging app was non existent.

14. iSaga macrumors regular

I don't think any of those apps that were previewed at that event have been released, besides Tom Tom.

15. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Astra is in review. It's been in review for over a month and a half I think. Or close to it. I sure as hell hope we see it soon. Apple is dropping the ball big time here.

As for meebo. i started a thread on the meebo forums. That sure got out of hand real fast. Meebo just dropped the ball big time as well. Pretty sad.

http://forum.meebo.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35631

16. diesel macrumors 6502a

Sorry to take this thread off topic, but have any screenshots or features for trillian astra for the iphone been made public? very interested in this one since i use trillian on my home computer......

EDIT

nevermind, stupid me, did a google search and found this:

http://blog.ceruleanstudios.com/?p=476

17. kicko macrumors 65816

I would love to see a Digsby app, IM + social + email = all in one

18. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

HI all, i wanted to bring this thread alive once again.
    Any update on Meebo, i know i heard sometime this year but were only days away to 2010. Wonder if it will hit soon or ever hit at all ?
    To bad because i was looking forward to this app back when it was demoed.