Meebo on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by silbeej, Apr 17, 2008.

1. silbeej macrumors 6502a

So i just found how to do IM without texts, meebo.com I bet this is widely known, but i have a few questions. When i lock my iPhone, does it keep sending/receiving data? I know it keeps you signed on cuz i tested it, but does it keep moving data, or just save any IM's you get and then display them when you sign back on?

2. Ryan1524 macrumors 65816

Ryan1524

Nope. Connection's terminated when you lock your phone.

3. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thats what i thought, however it doesn't log me off. I tested it by putting up an away message on my desktop, then signing in on the iPhone, then locking the iPhone, but i was still available, my away message didn't come back like it does when i sign off from the second source.

4. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

It does stay connected when you lock it, but i don't even think it stays connected for over a minute even.

So no, it isn't possible. You have to change a setting in settings to have the screen never turning off unless you press the sleep button, causing it to stay connected.*

*Battery drain..

5. silbeej thread starter macrumors 6502a

I don't want it to stay on, i just want to know if i get logged off when i put it to sleep, or if i can just unlock my phone and be right back where i was, logged in and with IM's saved or not.

6. specops macrumors regular

y dont u just try and find out... i think it disconnects after a minute but when u come back to it, it says "reconnecting" or something then your reconnected in a few seconds.

7. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

i think you get disconnected the minute you lock iPhone.. just sign off manually, takes only 2 seconds then re-log in

really not hard.