Meet Cortana, Microsoft's answer to Siri...

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Turnpike, Apr 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turnpike macrumors 6502

Turnpike

I just read CNN's story on Microsoft's Siri "competitor", and 12 seconds in when it said it was powered by Bing, I zoned out. I thought Bing was a joke on my desktop, now I'm going to cripple my phone with it too...? Who buys this stuff?

Even after Google's major betrayal back when they ran with Job's peek at the iPhone and came up with their own phone, Apple still used and uses them for search, and I appreciate that Apple does what it can with user experience as a priority over anything else. Sure they might seem controlling sometimes, but as with most "controlling" parents, teachers, managers, sometimes it's for a better bigger picture. Sometimes not, but more often it's with a better result.

I'll admit I only got into the Apple stuff because of the iPad and then the iPhone, but the more I use it and see how it all works together and compare to Windows, it becomes clearer and clearer (beyond obvious) that Windows is based on selling ads, cheaper devices, software licences, and Apple is based on selling products and a better experience.

Now that I see what Microsoft is offering with Cortana, it's like going on a double date and seeing the two next to each other, and being sooooo glad that Siri is the one I'm with. ha! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.