Meeting my expectations

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by whiteonline, Apr 23, 2015.

1. whiteonline macrumors 6502

whiteonline

I bit the bullet and took delivery and finished configuring my new base space grey model MacBook.
    For my use -- as a secondary machine -- it is working wonderfully. I wanted something more powerful (and flexible) than an iPad, more portable than the 13" Pro, and with a better screen than the Air. That is precisely where this little machine fits.
    The only complaint is the price -- but when you're playing the early adopters game, it's expected. The CPU is (comparatively) weak, but that was a known before purchase.

Overall, this little machine is definitely a luxury as I already have a computer. However, the portability will help to keep me from my desk unless I have real work to perform. However, I can definitely state I would be really unhappy if it was my primary computer.

2. vanimal macrumors 6502a

I REALLY would like to maybe see a 2nd screen size in V2. I mean every iMac and Macbook currently offer two screen sizes. Maybe something like this?

14" MBR with bumped specs compared to current, same sexy design but a bit larger footprint with more wrist rest area, and a 2nd USB C on the right side for $1299

12" MBR with same specs as this year, maybe a .1 or .2 ghz bump. Small GPU bump. $999

They drop the MBA 13" and keep the 11" around for budget & students for $799