Meetup for developers/programmers?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by evanberube, Feb 27, 2013.

1. evanberube, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2013

evanberube macrumors newbie

Hello MacHeads!

I am curious to find out if there is an organization* online where programmers and developers interact with each other for networking purposes.

I am inquiring because, in my line of business as a recruiter I am always looking for new ways to network with consultants- and was hopign to find a community where developers/programmers come together and discussing business/employment opportunities is allowed.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

3. evanberube thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for any infringements.

I can rephrase the post- but the main purpose of the thread was to learn of other communities where employment/business opportunities can be discussed (outside of MacRumors)

4. xStep macrumors 68000

Groups I've been to tend to not like recruiters showing up. You are an awkward outsider to most of the discussions gong on and will be looked upon as an invader with nothing to contribute. That is putting nicely.

Having a recruiter show up to a meeting is looked upon negatively like someone nocking on their door to sell them X.

Those interested in recruiter services will reach out when they are ready.

If you insist in trying to attend a meeting then I suggest you pass the idea by the organizer or group and have something of interest to the group that you can present. Not your recruiting service!