MEGA ISSUES making & receiving calls

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by staka69, Sep 7, 2008.

1. staka69 macrumors member

OK, so it seems I can't make or receive call on my iphone.

I try calling anybody and it says 'call failed' after 2 rings. I managed to get through once and got what sounded like a Freddy Kruger on the other side it was kinda funny but scary.

I can receive calls but it hangs up after about 2-3 seconds.

Anyone else having issues today (Sunday), but the worst part about all of this is that Tom Brady went down with a knee injury.

I'm going to tackle the 1st att person I see when I go down there tomorrow if this continues, no excuse for this.

2. TyWahn macrumors 6502

TyWahn

It may be 3G

Unfortunately I was having the EXACT same problems on Friday night.
    The way that I fixed it was turning 3g off. I know that's not a popular answer, but until somebody gets their stuff together, it is a temp fix.

3. staka69 thread starter macrumors member

Turning 3g seemed to work, thanks.

Still not excuse for all of these headaches with the iphone though, I'm paying good money to apple/att and this is what I get.

4. TyWahn macrumors 6502

TyWahn

Location?

It really sucks. And it is inexcusable. What part of the country are you in? Just curious if it's a geographical problem.

5. staka69 thread starter macrumors member

New England (boston) hence the Tom Brady reference.

6. motoracer1486 macrumors 6502a

Haven't been hanging around these forums very much if you think this problem is unique to you ;)

7. TyWahn macrumors 6502

TyWahn

OK... Well, I'm in S. Utah.
    As for the the problem being unique to myself or the OP, I know it's not, but it was sudden. I haven't had a problem since I picked it up since a week after launch.

8. daniels macrumors member

I'm in Boston and my iPhone is basically unusable inside my apartment.

9. gibbyparada macrumors newbie

Happens all the time

Ok, at home, in East Los Angeles, this really was not a problem, but, now that I am at school in Berkeley, it happen at every hour, and the first ten minutes following the hour. I think this is a result of the towers being extremely busy. Like when there was an Earthquake at home, I could not make a single call for quite sometime. So I think it is the same thing happening now in Berkeley. Actually, I have only really had problems (like being switched from 3g to edge, when there is 3g service available here in berkeley. So I think it has to do with congestion (especially with so many students. I really hate it, and wonder if I can call and ask for some kind of reward, or, if they can at least "look into it"

10. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

Holy Crap!!! :mad:

This just happened to me today, could not make or receive calls. I did a hard reboot, and it worked. Then it stopped working again. Another hard reboot, and I was able to make 1 call. I was pissed and I wanted some help on the forums so I did a search and ran into this thread. So I turned off 3G and yup, sure enough I was able to make calls.

Very frustrating, I can't imagine how a regular user (i.e. someone without knowledge of support forums like this one) would deal with these issues when they really need to use their phone. Let's say for example my mother or my wife, they would have no clue what to do!

Let's hope this "network issue" gets better real quick like.

11. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

It happened to me last night. Turned off 3G and everything was fine. Turned it back on this morning and haven't had any problems.

12. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

Well, I'm going to keep 3G off and will not connect to my laptop until after Tuesday. We'll see if the update makes a difference.

13. Manzana macrumors 6502a

Manzana

Wirelessly posted (White iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

update --- seems that not only my iPhone is having problems, my friends 3G capable phone is having these issues as well. AT&T really needs to clean this mess up!