Mega Man 9 now available for Wii

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by jaw04005, Sep 22, 2008.

1. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

So Mega Man 9 launched on WiiWare today. I believe it will hit the PS3 Thursday and 360 in October.

Anyone playing it? It's damn hard. I played Galaxy Man's stage like 10 times before I made it to the boss. Of course, Galaxy Man killed me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_9

Attached Files:

2. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Before I buy, I have one question. How m any blocks does it take?

If Capcom made a NES game that sucks up 40 megs of space, they should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm planning on getting this and a few other games shortly, but after I finish my current project load.

<]=)

3. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

By today. Wasn't that yesterday :p. Time zones... it looks good. I might, but why do they have to have so much DLC....

4. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I can't wait to buy Protoman for $2 next week... *grumble*

5. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

I'm definitely picking this one up soon.

I've got the Anniversary collection for PS2, but an all new MM with retro play is a draw I don't think I can pass up.

And the fact it'll be on the Wii makes it that much better. I'd love a way to get the anniversary collection to the Wii without re-purchasing on the VC or getting the GC version, of course I'd love that ability for all of my PS2 or even my PS1 games.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not a fan of Megaman in the slightest but I love the direction these guys have taken. Just wish Nintendo would do something similar with a Mario title.

7. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

How many blocks does this take up? :eek: :)

I don't have that many free.

<]=)

8. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

66. Google's your friend.

9. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

I'm LAZY. You're my friend. ;)

Anyways, thanks. I have 281 blocks free, so I'll buy.

<]=)

10. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

OK only one boss down, and I think I love this game.

Damn, it's kid of surreal to play a brand new "8-bit" Mega Man with a legal beer at my side...

I've only played for 20 minutes or so and it's already been worth the $10...

ahh, nostalgia...

11. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

*cough* *COUGH* The nostalgia is a bit thick in here... :]

<]=)

12. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

Yep, and it's not going away...:D

Have to get some sleep now, but still 7 bosses left, only got the one down tonight (of course I only tried one) and then off to the end stages for whoever is behind all the meyhem...I'm really scratching my head on this one... who could the real bad guy be?:confused:

Either you suck at MegaMan or I'm not as rusty as I thought. I only continued twice in that stage (only one I've tried) and once I got to Galaxy Man I beat him on my second try... but I always was a MM Geek.

13. iBunny macrumors 65816

I am a super Mega Man geek. It has been my favorite brand of video game ever!!!!! (Favorite game is still FF7 but...)

Mega Man 9 was deffinatly worth 10$ and whatever many blocks it takes on my Wii I didnt even look or care. This is the most exciting news since caveman discovered fire. And the fact that its 8-bit NES style is the sugar on top.

I am a mega man enthuisast.... playing MM2 when it first came out when I was just a kid kicked it off.... and its all comming back now.

Mega Man 9 is hard. I already have played for probably 3 hours lol... only beat 3 bosses. Plug Man, Galaxy Man, and Splash Woman. All are hard to get to, and even harder to beat because I refuse to look up their weaknesses online.
    :D

14. Ja Di ksw macrumors 65816

Ja Di ksw

Hard?

This is definitely a great game. Mega Man 2 was my favorite, though admittedly I didn't stick with the series that consistently. But I love the look and feel of this game, so much like the classics! It's great.

Only thing is, hard? I've played for 2 hours and got through all 8 bosses (of course, that's not all the game). Wasn't trying to rush through either, just playing it. I guess Contra 4 got me ready. Now *that* was a hard new "classic" game on the hard setting!

15. atszyman macrumors 68020

atszyman

2 and 3 were tops as far as the games go, 4 was absolutely brutal as the difficulty curve goes, I've only played 5-7 briefly on the anniversary collection for PS2.

So far I haven't seen the difficulty as that great, but I've only done one boss in 20 minutes of playtime.

Whatever you do, don't ruin it and tell me who's behind the whole mess, I don't want the surprise spoiled :D. who would have thought Clay Aiken wasn't straight?

16. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

Hey, Ja Di ksw, who's behind the whole mess? Post the answer here in a HUGE bold font. :)

*cough* The air still hasn't cleared. :eek:

I'm going to try and buy one of those box sets so some poor 360 or PS3 sap doesn't get one. Then I can turn around and sell it for a huge profit on eBay.

<]=)

17. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

18. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

19. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

That's just WRONG!!! :) The game belongs on the Wii.

<]=)

20. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

AHH! So do they have a demo out on the Wii version? I just downloaded and played the PS3 version, and although it looks 8-bit-ish, I hate the filtering that it has. Makes everything look too smooth. I know the Wii will probably look better in the respect of "pixelation", which I want. I want the sharp, pixelated graphics. Anyone played both versions yet?

21. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The PS3 doesn't have different option modes for the filter types? I thought it would be like the comp emulators at least, where you can choose modes like blocky.

Here's why to play it on the Wii.

<]=)

22. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

I already have a classic controller. :p But I still don't like it as much as the PS3 controller. But it's okay. I bit the bullet and got the Wii version. The PS3 version looked nearly the same after I compared the two. I should have gotten the PS3 version...Since you can share the game between 5 PS3s, and the Wii is tied to one system...? Is that correct?

23. JackAxe macrumors 68000

JackAxe

The Playstation controller gave me carpel tunnel and killed my dog. :( You must be a contortionist. :)

That would be a killer deal on the PS3. That sounds too good to be true? :eek: Capcom only allows one PC or Wii or 360 for their downloadable games, so why would they treat the PS3 differently?

<]=)

24. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Kills my hands too. Hopefully they'll pull a MS and release an updated controller.

25. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Considering the PS controller hasn't been changed since the PSX I am pretty sure its safe to say that Sony will not be pulling an "MS".
    (at least not until the PS6 comes out)