Megastat

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Knisse, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Knisse macrumors member

Hi

Are there anybody that has any experience with this program? - i am having some issues.

Then i am running a regression model, and want to see the residuals in a chart.

And i get this error message.

[​IMG]

I run microsoft office for mac 2011.

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Have you tried the freeware LibreOffice? It can open most MS Office files, might be able to do the task you are trying to accomplish and is free to download and install. Of course, even if LibreOffice solves your problem, I suggest reporting your issue to MS support.

3. Knisse thread starter macrumors member

Hi R0k, i actually do not know what LibreOffice is. I will definitely try it out.

If anyone else knows anything that could fix this problem please let me know, i am going to use it for my exams around June, so i am in a some kind of a hurry.

4. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

I would expect LibreOffice doesn't support MS Excel Add-In Modules, which is what megastat is.

A simple Google search revealed this information

Megastat Home Page: http://blue.butler.edu/~orris/megastat/index.html

Support Email: orris@butler.edu

Also note that in the FAQ (PDF here: http://blue.butler.edu/~orris/megastat/MegaStat_FAQ.pdf) the author notes that some features are not supported in Office for Mac.

I don't know why some people bother to respond of they're not even going to try to solve your problem.

5. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

Looks like LibreOffice won't solve your megastat problem...

This is why I recommend LibreOffice and iWork to any Mac user who is dabbling in MS Office. The list of stuff that "doesn't work" on OS X gets longer every day. Well, that's not entirely true. The list got shorter when Office 2011 came out and brought back macro support but with the megastat information you linked, the list is getting longer again.

6. ezramoore macrumors 6502a

You're entitled to your opinion, of course. However, suggesting LibreOffice, especially when the the user is using MS Add-Ins (a proprietary tool) which are known not to work in open source productivity packages is lazy. At best it is off topic. At worse, you are leading this person on a wild goose chase. A simple Google search revealed the answer to his problem, if you're not willing to put that much effort into a reply to someone in need you might as well hang out in Politics, Religion, Social Issues.

LibreOffice is fine software, but there are many advantages to running MS Office for Mac that must also be considered. Not everyone cares if their productivity suite is open source or free. A lot of people care that it has the best possible interoperability with what the majority of computer users are using, especially int the business road.

7. Knisse thread starter macrumors member

Thanks both of you, one for attempting and another for clearing the attempt off the table :)

I have installed parallels and used the a build-in excel software (excel data analysis toolpak) that should work, i have not tried it yet, but some friends of mine used it as well, and it worked for them)

If anyone have a (still easy to use) program that is able to do the same function as megastat/excel analysis) - regression, ANOVA, descriptiv statistic BUT in mac office do please let me know.

Thank you