Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
Mine was just delivered and after reading all the threads I thought it was going to be this enormous tablet,
I think many of you need to visit the gym instead of sitting in front of the computer so long LOL it's a perfect size

yicaiweng

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2015
Screen Shot 2015-09-12 at 9.12.58 PM.png

oh yeh? big boy?

DotCom2

macrumors 603
Feb 22, 2009
Mine was just delivered and after reading all the threads I thought it was going to be this enormous tablet,
I think many of you need to visit the gym instead of sitting in front of the computer so long LOL it's a perfect size
That's what I thought too.
After reading all the "it's enormous" threads I was shocked to see it's really not that big at all!
Larger yes, but ginormous, NO. And it's lighter than I thought too!

Reactions: richardmu

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
That's what I thought too.
After reading all the "it's enormous" threads I was shocked to see it's really not that big at all!
Larger yes, but ginormous, NO. And it's lighter than I thought too!
I must agree or even as an older woman this is the perfect size.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Try holding it for an extended period of time. Weight is negligible, just like at the gym where that doesn't matter. I give examples of exercises with just little weight involved if any and that doesn't mean they are easy.

Try doing a plank, uncomfortable much? :)

papbot

macrumors 68020
May 19, 2015
It is big but that wasn't a secret. I acquired a case about 2 weeks ago and was able to get used to that before getting my pro so I was fairly used to the size. Not much zooming needed on this thing!!

eyeseeyou

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2011
I already do it with a 25 lb plate for 1 minute. Most beginners cannot do it for 30 seconds with none.

Wow that's impressive. It's amazing how much a non impacting form of exercise can be so effective and make you sweat let alone add a 25lb weight.

MacManTexas56

macrumors 68020
Apr 4, 2005
it's not even the weight, it just looks like you're holding a cookie sheet. It's comically large for a tablet.

A4-o88OCIAAcUiZ.jpg

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
The iPad Pro is H-U-G-E, especially if you're used to an iPad Air or Mini. Biggest dern tablet I've ever seen. But it's light and thin. Feels no heavier than my iPad Air 2. I love it, and I might just get it. But I still need time to wrap my mind around such a beastly tablet.

Reactions: ron7624

mi7chy

macrumors G4
Oct 24, 2014
I must agree or even as an older woman this is the perfect size.

When I was at the store checking it out I noticed a lot of older couples were interested probably because the larger size is much easier on the eyes. Maybe it's a product category for the well off retirees more so than the broke ass starving students.

Reactions: Night Spring

bilibug

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2008
Stockton NJ
I personally wish it were a tad larger - big enough to display 8.5" x 11" or A4 documents without scaling (maintaining margins). May not seem like a big deal until you try to display sheet music on it. With the ability for non-destructive document markup with the Pencil, add a remote to turn pages, and you would have a killer digital sheet music system.

Reactions: iMacmatician

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Wow that's impressive. It's amazing how much a non impacting form of exercise can be so effective and make you sweat let alone add a 25lb weight.

Way off topic but these go to the gym recommendations to be able to handle an iPad's weight I know are joking but handling and comfortability mean so much more even with exercising.

Non impact form of exercise making one sweat? None better than using Jacob's Ladder!

Reactions: eyeseeyou

nbourbaki

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2015
CVG, CPH, BOS
Every time I walk around holding my iPad Pro, this comes to my mind...

Holding three, dropping one and saying, these 10 commandments...

Got to play with an iPP in the Apple store today. I thought it was going to be too big, but it's a manageble size. And it's about the same weight at my original iPad.

tekchic

macrumors 68020
Apr 19, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
I'm definitely not propping it up on the gym treadmill the way I do my iPad Air so I can run and read. Or the bathroom counter like I do when I get ready in the morning and read (I read a lot). I'm considering picking up a Mini for ebooks now. The Pro is stunningly gorgeous but it's slightly unwieldy with the other things I would use my Air for.

But magazines look BEAUTIFUL on it, and if I ever get a Pencil *angryface* it's the perfect size to sketch on without feeling cramped for space.

Reactions: eyeseeyou

Hello...

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 10, 2011
After using it for a little bit this thing is amazing I can't imagine going back to my iPad Air 2

ron7624

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2011
Houston, Texas area
I just stopped by my local Apple Store. The tablet is much larger than I had envisioned. Too big for the casual user imo. Well too big for me anyway, but damn, it's nice. It was very responsive and I was impressed with the screen. Very sharp and I use a Mini 4, so I'm used to sharp.
This is a nice tablet. I wish I could find a place for it in my line up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.